Facebook has made quite an impact on how we perceive and conduct our social connections. What started as a small company by a college dropout has now turned into a massively powerful platform that has changed our lives. Most people today are either on Facebook for keeping in touch with their family and friends, for business, or for both. Such is the impact of Facebook that there are now specific courses available that teach young entrepreneurs the magic of leveraging the power of Facebook.
If everything is out there on a public platform, for everyone to see, what about privacy?
Privacy has been an extremely serious and valid concern when it comes to social media especially Facebook. Over the last few years, Facebook found itself at the center of a huge data security leak which led to controversies surrounding the user’s privacy. One of the perils of Facebook happens to be loose ends in data security that have come to the surface over the years.
One of the things that can be done by a user on Facebook to ensure that the platform is still relatively safe to use is, to be mindful of the extent to which the information is shared. It is largely in the hands of the user to understand the dangers of oversharing information on a platform that clearly has loopholes in their privacy.
It is very important to keep your login information as guarded as possible. It is assumed that a user will not share the password and user id with anyone else.
But what happens if you forget your Facebook password?
One of the easiest ways to recover your Facebook account in case you have forgotten your password is to ask for a confirmation reset code. This code is mostly generated either on your registered mobile number or your registered email-id. So, all you need to do is to click on ‘Forgot Password’ and Facebook will send a confirmation reset code either on your phone number or email id. Using that reset code, you recover your Facebook password.
So, what if I cannot get a confirmation reset code?
Hmm, that is a tricky question. But do not worry, we have got you covered.
Follow the steps mentioned below, and you will be able to recover your Facebook password without the confirmation reset code.
- Go to the Facebook login page and enter your login credentials.
- Then in a new tab, open the URL www.facebook.com/hacked.
- Thereafter, you will see a button that says, ‘My Account is Compromised.
- Next step would be to identify yourself by providing your email id.
- Then you are supposed to give your password which you remember.
- Next, choose the option of email.
- You will receive a link in your email. Just copy the link and open it in your browser.
- Then, you will be asked to renew your password. You have to ensure that it is something easy to remember for you but difficult for others to guess.
- Finally, the last step to recover your Facebook password without confirmation reset code using mobile or desktop is to log into your account.
The easiest way to recover your password is to, well, never forget it in the first place. To ensure, that your data is safe, make sure you never share your password with anyone and always log out of your account if you share your computer.