We all love to personalise our phones. In 2020, WhatsApp gave its Wallpapers four major updates. These include custom chat wallpapers, additional doodle wallpapers, an updated stock wallpaper gallery, and the ability to set separate wallpapers for light and dark mode settings. With these updates, users can now change WhatsApp wallpaper for individual contact.
If you want to have a customise wallpaper for your BFF, this is how you can change WhatsApp wallpaper for individual contact. The chosen wallpaper will even correspond to the Light and Dark theme settings as well. This means, when you switch the settings on your phone, the wallpaper will also change accordingly.
Steps to change WhatsApp wallpaper for individual contact
First things first, update your WhatsApp to the latest version. This will ensure all new features work properly. Once done, follow these simple steps to have custom wallpaper for individual contact.
- Open a WhatsApp chat and tap the contact’s name to open their contact details
- Tap on Wallpaper and Sound
- Tap on Choose a New Wallpaper
- At this stage, WhatsApp will allow you to choose from the latest stock wallpapers. You can browse through the old wallpapers that can be accessed by tapping on the Wallpaper Archive. If you don’t like any, you can also select a photo from the phone’s gallery as a custom wallpaper
- After choosing the wallpaper, swipe left or right to Preview the Wallpaper
- Tap on Set and adjust the Wallpaper Dimming for fine-tuning the brightness
Voila! You are done. Just remember that you can remove the custom wallpaper whenever you want. To do so, simply click on the ‘Remove Custom Wallpaper’ option.
To set a custom wallpaper for individual contact:
- Open a WhatsApp chat > click on the three-dots icon > tap Wallpaper
- Choose the wallpaper of your choice > swipe left or right to preview > click on Set Wallpaper > adjust Wallpaper Dimming for tweaking brightness
PS: You can only change WhatsApp wallpaper for a group if you are an admin of the group.
Also Read: Where to Find Best Free Android Wallpaper
Stay tuned for more handy tips and tricks. You can also sign in for our newsletter to receive the latest WhatsApp news and updates in your mailbox.