Don’t like the new, increased prices of YouTube TV or that your free trial has come to an end? In 2017, they were available for $35 per month but now cost a whopping $72.99 per month. Due to the price increase, many users have decided to cancel YouTube TV subscription.
YouTube TV was originally heralded as a better alternative to cable TV, but it seems to be lagging behind as its rates rise. Users of YouTube TV may experience a 30-45 second lag in live shows. Some people may decide to end their YouTube TV subscription for any number of reasons, and these are just a few examples.
So, do you want to cancel YouTube TV subscription? Without further ado, let’s dive into our comprehensive guide on cancelling your YouTube TV subscription.
Guide on cancelling YouTube TV subscription
Follow the steps below to cancel YouTube TV subscription using your desktop:
- Go to TV.youtube.com to get started with YouTube TV now.
- Choose your profile image (top right).
- Select the browser’s icon to proceed.
- Finally, to change your membership settings, go to “Settings” in the sidebar to the right of your email address, and then choose “Membership” from the drop-down menu.
- When you right-click, choose “Settings” from the menu.
- In the next section, choose the “MANAGE” option.
- Select “MANAGE” from the Membership drop-down menu to make changes to your account settings.
- Modify your membership status by clicking “PAUSE” or “CANCEL.”
- You may decide between temporarily suspending your membership and permanently ending it.
- Settle on the factors that have led you to this decision.
- Select the reason for your subscription termination.
- After examining the cancellation information, choose the “YES, CANCEL” option.
Follow the steps below to cancel YouTube TV subscription using android:
- The very first thing you must do is use the YouTube TV app or go to TV.youtube.com.
- Second, choose an image to represent yourself from the available options.
- Tap your profile picture in the top right corner of your mobile browser to access your digital identity.
- The next step is to choose “Settings” from the profile menu.
- Choose “Settings” from your mobile device’s main menu.
- Next go to the “Settings” tab and choose “Membership.”
- Visit the “Membership” page to update your membership information.
- You can adjust your subscription(s) by clicking “MANAGE” next to the subscription(s) you want to change.
- To cancel a subscription, click “MANAGE” next to the desired plan.
- On the subsequent screen, choose either “PAUSE” or “CANCEL” to pause or cancel.
- In the next step you’ll be asked to specify the nature of your cancellation.
- Provide the reason for discontinuing your membership and either proceed with the cancellation or choose a different deal.
- Confirm the cancellation by clicking “YES, CANCEL.”
Follow the steps below to cancel YouTube TV subscription using iOS:
The YouTube TV iOS app does not allow you to cancel your subscription. YouTube’s parent firm, Google, recommends using a mobile or desktop web browser and cancelling the subscription in the same way as described above.
- To access YouTube TV on your mobile device, go to TV.youtube.com.
- In the top right, you should see your profile photo.
- Go to the “Membership” submenu under “Settings” and make a selection.
- Choose “PAUSE” or “CANCEL” from the membership pull-down menu.
- A “Cancel membership” option will show up in the menu.
- There has to be a “CANCEL” option in the menu.
- Even after cancelling, you’ll retain access to YouTube TV until the end of the current paying cycle.
- After that period, you will be blocked from accessing any other networks. The supplemental channels need a subscription in order to see them.
- After 21 days, your recorded shows will no longer be accessible in your library. The shows, sports teams, and events you’ve added to your personal library will be waiting for you when you re-register with YouTube.
- You may not be able to watch your recorded shows or get a refund if you cancel and then renew your YouTube TV subscription at a later date.
- For invoicing and fraud protection purposes, Google may keep certain private information (such your home zip code).
It may be necessary, notwithstanding the costs involved, to terminate service for a subscription that is no longer desired or required. YouTube TV subscribers who wish to pause their service for an interim period but still plan to use it over the next six months may do so by clicking the “Pause” button. Your saved recordings and individualized settings will be preserved. The only thing you can do if you know you won’t be using YouTube TV again soon is to cancel your subscription.