Trying different ways to screen record on Windows 10 with audio? Struggling with the limitations of built-in tools to screen record? In this article, we have covered different ways on how to screen record on windows 10 with audio, issues faced when using built-in tools, and 5 free screen recorder Windows 10.
Here are some issues you might face when using built-in tools to screen record on Windows 10 with audio:
- Unable to record file menus or dropdowns
- Only able to record one window at a time
- Unable to add effects or callouts
- Inability to record audio simultaneously
- Not able to add music or background audio
How to screen record on Windows 10
Windows 10 offers a screen recording utility – Xbox Game Bar. The tool enables users to screen record a video and is a part of the Xbox app that comes installed by default in Windows 10. Users can use it not only to take screenshots but also create memes.
How to screen record on Windows 10 with audio
- To start, open the app you’d like to record.
- Now, press the Windows key + G at the same time to open the Game Bar dialogue.
- Check the “Yes, this is a game” checkbox to load the Game Bar. The procedure remains the same whether you want to screen record a game or another kind of app.
- Click on the Start Recording button (or Win + Alt + R) to begin capturing the video.
- At this stage, you can decide to stop the recording by clicking on the red recording bar visible at the top right of the program window. You can also press Win + G again to bring the Game Bar back.
Voila! You are done. You can now locate your MP4 recorded videos under the Videos folder in a subfolder called Captures. You can also see them in the Xbox app under the Game DVR menu. Here, you can edit the video and share it on Xbox Live.
Tip: You can also make good use of the Xbox screen recording tool to take screenshots. To do so, click the camera icon on the Game Bar or Win+Alt+PrtScn.
Tested Free Screen Recorder Windows 10
Developed by Atomi Systems, ActivePresenter tops the list of screen recorder Windows 10. Favourite of YouTubers, video producers, educators, and trainers, this one is an all-in-one screen recorder and video editor and is best suited for video demos, how-to videos, and step-by-step tutorials.
OBS Studio is another free screen recording software for video recording and live streaming without a watermark or time limit. It is a favourite amongst hardcore gamers for showing their live gameplay footage. Using OBS Studio, users can capture not only the entire display or a window but also from a webcam and microphone.
With over 14 million users, Camtasia is indeed one of the best screen recorders in Windows 10. Touted as the most competent all-in-one screen recorder and video editor, Camtasia makes it pretty simple to record screens and create polished, professional-looking videos.
This free screen recorder Windows 10 is quite popular game recording software for gamers. Bandicam is capable of recording numerous 2D/3D games with 4K UHD resolution at up to 144 FPS. This screen recorder can also efficiently record the full screen, part of the screen, and external video devices such as a webcam as well as a game console.
This one comes with a built-in audio/video editor. Free Cm has an attractive and intuitive interface to enable users to produce screencasts with ease. The ad-free software offers high-quality resolution and can record voice-over as well as computer sounds, and also offers a wide selection of audio effects.