We have been using debit cards more than ever. With most of the states in India under partial lockdown, we have been ordering essentials online using our debit cards. Considered to be the most reliable mode of digital payments, debit cards are convenient to use. If you have applied for a new debit card and are wondering how to generate card PIN for a debit card online, then this article will help you out.
Steps to generate card PIN for Debit Card – government banks
You can generate a pin for your debit card by following these simple steps. To begin with, it is necessary to an ATM card. This can be easily done via the ‘ATM card services’ tab that you will find under the ‘e-services’ section. Also, make sure you have net banking service activated in order to generate a PIN for your debit card. Now, follow these simple steps.
- Visit your bank’s online website and login by entering the right credentials
- Once you are able to access your online account, it is now time to go to the ‘ATM card services’. You can see this under the tab ‘e-services’
- At this stage, you need to select ‘ATM Pin Generation’. Here two options will be presented to you – whether you want to generate a PIN using OTP or using a profile password. We recommend the first one.
- Once you select the first option, you receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter this PIN in the required field.
- Select the savings account to which your ATM card is linked and then click on ‘Continue’
- Select the ATM card that’s PIN needs to be generated. Tap on Submit
- Enter the first two digits of the new PIN you want to create. The other two digits will be sent by the bank via SMS
- Lastly, you will be asked to re-enter the first two digits that you had selected earlier along with the two digits that you received via SMS.
- Click on ‘Submit’ and the PIN will be generated successfully
Steps to generate card PIN for Debit Card – private banks
An individual can generate Debit card PIN by visiting the nearest ATM or by sending an SMS. One can also call customer care or can get a new PIN via internet banking. If you want to generate a PIN for debit card online, follow these steps.
- Visit your bank’s net banking portal and log in using the User ID and password
- After successful login, click on “Generate Card PIN” on the net banking home page
- Under the Debit Card PIN option, click on “Generate Now”
- On the next page, select the account number, debit card number, and enter the CVV number.
- Now enter account and debit card details
- Click on “Submit” to complete the new PIN generation process
How to generate Debit Card PIN by visiting the ATM?
- Visit the nearest ATM of your bank
- Select the “Generate Debit Card PIN” option and click further to generate the OTP. At this stage, you will receive an OTP on the registered mobile number
- Enter the OTP sent and click on the “Yes” button to proceed further.
- Now enter the registered mobile number and date of birth and click on the “Yes” tab.
- insert the debit card number again tap on “Enter OTP” to enter the OTP.
- Enter the desired 4-digit number as the debit card PIN and don’t forget to click on “Confirm” to set a new PIN.