If you’re already are a Windows 10 user then you can easily upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 10. You can use the PC Health Check app to check if your PC can run this new operating system.
As long as your PC meets the minimum requirements, you will be able to upgrade to Windows 11 the same way you update Windows 10. While there is no exact date yet, Microsoft has hinted that Windows 11 could be here by October.
How to upgrade to Windows 11 From Windows 10?
Firstly, to check if your current Windows 10 PC is eligible for the free upgrade, you will have to visit Microsoft’s site for specifications. However, if you buy a new PC between now and the release, it will be eligible for the free upgrade.
If you’re already a member of the Windows Insider Program, you can download the first Insider Preview build of Windows 11 right away. That said, the beta versions especially early ones like this may have bugs. Also, this first build may not include all the new features that will eventually arrive with the general release.
We recommend that you download the beta on a tester device if you have one and not on your primary device.
You may wait for the public beta to arrive soon or better yet, the general release of the operating system in October this year.
Here’s how you can upgrade to Windows 11 From Windows 10?
- Make sure you have a licensed version of Windows 10 on your PC and you’re the administrator on the device. Join the Windows Insider Program and register if you haven’t already. If you have registered already, you can sign in to your Windows Insider account and click on Start Flighting.
2. Open Settings > Update & Security > Windows Insider Program. Next, tap on Get Started.
3. Now, under Pick an account to get started, select “+” to connect the registered Microsoft account and continue.
4. Next, follow the instructions to choose the experience and the channel through which you want the builds.
- The Dev channel for developers
- The beta channel for early adopters
- The release preview channel for those who want to get the latest version even before the general release.
Note: This build will be made available on the Dev channel.
5. Read the Privacy terms and statements and click confirm. Next, tap on Restart Now.
6. Once you restart, ensure that your data settings are accurate so that you can download preview builds. For this, go to Settings > Privacy > Diagnostics & feedback, and make sure the Optional Diagnostic Data switch is “On”.
7. Next, open Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update. Tap on the Check for updates. Based on the settings you selected, you should see the latest Insider Preview build.
After you follow the above steps, your device should update the same way it would with any other Windows update.
How to download Windows 11 after its general release?
Once Windows 11 is released for all Windows users, you can download it the same way you would with any new version of Windows. All you need to do is go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and click Check for Updates. You should see Feature update to Windows 11. Tap on Download and install.
Windows 11 features a streamlined design with rounded corners, pastel colors, a new start-up sound, and an overall Mac-like look. So, what are you waiting for? Upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 10 and enjoy the new operating system.