Instagram is booming and how! Almost everyone is on Instagram these days and not only is it one of the leading content sharing platforms for individuals, but it has also proven to be a great marketing tool for businesses as well.
If you want to sign up for Instagram, you will have to use either your phone number, email id, or your Facebook account. But because of privacy and security reasons, many people want to know how to remove phone number from Instagram. Today, we will show you how exactly you can do that.
But before we move forward, let us learn how we can sign in for a new account on Instagram.
You can use one of the following:-
- Phone number
- Email address
- Facebook account
If you do not want to log in using your phone number, you can simply link your account with your Facebook account or log in with your email-id.
But, many times users have found that Instagram does not let them log in to their accounts unless they link a phone number.
If you have added your phone number to your account, but now you want to remove it, how can you do that?
Today we will tell you simple steps with which you can remove your phone number from Instagram.
But before we move ahead, you should know that if you remove your phone number from Instagram, you won’t be able to recover your password using your phone number. In addition to that, you won’t be able to sync your contacts to your Instagram followers list.
If you still wish to remove your phone number from Instagram, here’s how you can do it:-
- Open the Instagram app on your and log in to your account.
- On the navigation bar at the bottom, click on the Profile icon.
- Once you see you profile, click on Edit profile.
- You will now see your personal information settings.
- Then you will see your phone number. Simply delete the phone number and click next.
- Then click on the Tick icon on the top right corner.
- With this, you will have successfully removed your phone number from the account.
You can also remove your phone number from the web version of Instagram using the following steps:-
- In the web browser enter the URL Instagram.com.
- Enter into your account with your login credentials or you can also use your Facebook account.
- On the top right in the nav bar on your Profile, you will see your picture. Click on that.
- You will now see a drop-down menu.
- Click on Edit profile.
- Scroll down and then click on the phone number.
- Delete your phone number and click on the Submit button.
One thing to remember here is that you need to have your email verified before you can unlink your phone number. If your email address is not verified yet, you should do that as the first step for unlinking your phone number.
In conclusion, protecting your privacy and security should be your top priority while using any social media platform. If your phone number is linked to your Instagram account, it means Instagram has access to most of your personal information as well. This, honestly, can lead to a huge security breach. It is best to keep your phone number personal and log in with your email id only.