The NVIDIA RTX Graphics Cards are extremely popular in the mobile computing segment on account of their high performance and versatility in running heavy duty tasks. However, users have often complained of NVIDIA control panel not opening and flashing of the “NVIDIA display settings are not available” error. Port, driver or other random issues have prevented them from accessing and controlling the features of the graphics card placed in their device.
How to Fix “NVIDIA Display Settings are Not Available”?
If the NVIDIA display settings are not available in your PC, try the following fixes to see if the error gets resolved.
Check and Re-launch NVIDIA Display Services – There is a possibility that the NVIDIA services cease to operate on your PC due to which the error appears on the screen. This can be solved by following the listed steps:
- Hold the Windows +R buttons on the keyboard together and open the Run search box. Then enter the command “services.msc”
- Once the Services window is displayed, click on all the services labelled as NVIDIA one by one and re-launch them by pressing the Restart option that comes up on the left side of the window.
- If not already running, launch the service by tapping on the Start option that will appear once you right click on that particular service.
- If this doesn’t work, open the Device Manager by right clicking on the Start option and press the Display Adaptors option.
- Then search for the NVIDIA driver, uninstall it and restart your device to check if the problem is sorted. Note that you will have to get the latest drivers for your PC once you uninstall the existing ones.
Update the Driver – Before uninstalling the NVIDIA display driver right away, you may want to try updating it. For this:
- Right click on the Start option or hold the Windows + X buttons to open the list of options. Choose the Device Manager option from the list. You can also use the Search bar to locate the Device Manager.
- Then, expand the Display Adaptors function and double click on the NVIDIA graphics card name.
- Once you open the Driver option and choose Update Driver, a dialogue box will ask for permissions to search automatically for an updated software. As the next step, it will also navigate you through the installation procedure.
Start the NVIDIA Control Panel Manually – When the NVIDIA control panel display settings are not available, you can follow the below mentioned temporary solution:
- Open the C: Drive by tapping on the My Computer or This PC icon of your device and locate the Program Files folder.
- In this folder, there is a NVIDIA Corporation folder in which you will see the Control Panel Client folder.
- This contains the nvcplui file which you have to right click on to be able to access the Run as Administrator feature. By clicking on this feature, you may be able to get the NVIDIA control panel display settings back.
Check Accuracy of Display Port – Sometimes, problems have a simple way out which we tend to oversee in our quest to follow the complicated route. In this case, it could be possible that you have inserted the display cable in the wrong port. The monitor has to be connected to the port linked to the graphics hardware (NVIDIA graphics card) that is usually placed below the Intel graphics port. Plug the cable into the right port and start your computer again.
Note that these options may slightly vary depending on the device type and operating system. In case, none of these methods work, you may want to write to the company and ask for support to solve the “NVIDIA display settings are not available” error.