Be it malls, marketplaces, or tourist places, you are more likely to be asked about your vaccination certificate. Moreover, if you want to travel abroad, you may have to link your certificate with your passport. So, if you want to link COVID vaccination certificate with passport, we’re here to help.
Undoubtedly, the COVID-19 pandemic has hit everyone and every industry very hard. That said, the travel industry is by far the worst affected industry across the globe. Thanks to vaccination, it has provided some relief to the travel industry and international borders have begun to open up gradually. The vaccination certificate serves as proof of the safety of the individual as well as the society as a whole.
With international borders opening up, it has become imperative to link your COVID-19 vaccination certificate to the passport. It is a form of international travel insurance for the destination country that you are insured against the virus and will help curb the spread in that country. Additionally, it is important to know which vaccines are accepted in the destination country before getting yourself vaccinated in India.
How to link/add covid vaccination certificate with passport?
- Open CoWIN website and register yourself.
- Click on “Account Details”
- Next, click on “Raise Issue”
- It will display three options
- Merge Multiple 1st Dose Certificates
- Certificate corrections
- Add passport details
- Tap on ‘Add passport details’.
- On the next page, you need to select the name of the person from the drop-down menu
- Add your passport number in the “Enter Beneficiary’s Passport Number”.
- Check the box to agree with the declaration.
- Tap on the “Submit Request” button.
Once you submit the request, you will receive an SMS on the registered phone number. Once you confirm the request, you can go back to the Account Details option. To download the new certificate, you can click on the ‘Certificate’ button next to the name of the person.
To update your passport number on the COVID-19 certificate, follow these steps.
- Open the CoWIN website
- Choose the ‘Raise an issue’ option
- Select the ‘Passport’ option
- Enter your passport number
- Tap on the ‘Submit’ button
- Your vaccination certificate with the updated passport number will be ready in a few seconds.
Why is it imperative to link COVID vaccination certificate with passport?
As people are going abroad to pursue their education, job, business obligations, meet relatives or simply travel, it is important to ensure the safety of the citizen as well as others. The certificate is a verification that the citizen who is traveling abroad is fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. Whatever may be the reason for your travel abroad, you must get vaccinated fully and then get it linked to your passport to ensure smooth travel without any regulatory issues.
Simply put, it is important to vaccinate yourself completely and link the certificate to your passport before you travel abroad. It will not only ensure smooth travel but also curb the spread of the disease to the destination country.