Fake AirPods are costing Apple $3.2 billion a year! AirPods have been the most popular Apple product since its launch, but as we know, as soon as best-selling products hit the market, the market gets flooded with imitators. In such a scenario, the first question that comes to your mind is, ‘how to verify genuine Apple AirPods?
There are thousands of fake AirPod dupes that have boat loaded the market, and at first glance, you can’t pick out the imposter AirPods however, with these tips, you can easily pick out the frauds.
Let’s get started!
How to verify genuine Apple AirPods?
There are a few ways you can follow to verify genuine Apple AirPods. Read on to know these ways:
This is the most surefire way to check out if the AirPods are genuine or not. Apple has a website that allows users to check if their products are still under warranty. This is the perfect way to know if the product you are using is fake.
You can perform this verification process in two ways:
- In the first step, you can connect those AirPods to an iPad or iPhone and connect them using Bluetooth.
- Once connected, go to the BlueTooth menu and tap on the i icon, which is placed next to the name displayed.
- If they are original, the number will be listed on the page that pops up.
- Secondly, you will find the serial number written inside or underneath the AirPod earbud. These are written in tiny letters; therefore, you would need a magnifying glass for them. Once you get the AirPods serial number, head over to their website.
- Now enter the serial number and fill out the CAPTCHA to continue.
- If your AirPods are legit, then warranty options will display.
- But if you get an error or are unable to check the coverage messages displayed, then understand that the AirPods are definitely fake.
Look out for the defects
Apple is known for delivering the highest standards of value, and you know it will be difficult for fake manufacturers to meet their standards. If you clearly look at the packaging or the earbuds, you will find some fake signs.
You can look out for these errors & malfunctions on the AirPods:
- The plastic on hoaxed AirPods feels flimsier and cheaper. The build quality will need improvement.
- Look out for typos on the box. Imitated AirPods will have spelling & grammatical errors.
- Check the case charge to see if it has the same lighting cable similar to the one you get with an iPhone. If you don’t get them, then understand that they are fake.
- Also, look out for the serial numbers and verify their genuinity.
See the pricing & features
Let’s admit it; Apple products are not cheap. AirPods retail at a very high price; therefore, if someone is trying to sell them to you at a lower price, then understand that they are not real. You can check their website for their original prices.
Moreover, AirPods are built with world-class features like noise-cancellation and support Qi wireless charging. In a nutshell, Apple sells its features. If you don’t find such features in AirPods, then they are 100% fake.
Notice the battery life
Another way of spotting fake AirPods is to look for their battery life. Genuine AirPods have extended battery life features like W1 chips, and it’s impossible for fake AirPods to mimic such features.
To spot the fake AirPods using the battery life trick, you can follow these steps:
- Make sure your AirPods are charged.
- Now pair the AirPods with an iPhone or iPad.
- Once your AirPods are set up, you will see the images of AirPods on the screen; if you don’t find such images, then we are sorry to say that your AirPods are not a real thing.
Things to keep in mind before buying AirPods
Now, you know how to verify genuine Apple AirPods. AirPods are the world’s most popular wireless earphones, but with so much fame, there come chances of everyone buying them.
But you should not give in to impulsive shopping! Before buying AirPods, you should consider the following factors:
Apple AirPods were the first ones to introduce this new category to this world. However, now various brands are launching various designs and looks that fit differently in your ears.
There are various other wireless earbuds brands dominating the market, like Skullcandy, Boat, etc., and they come in various shapes and sizes; therefore, before spending tons of money on AirPods, it’s better you explore the market.
AirPods are easy to pair, but if you are looking for other options, then you should check the connectivity. You need to check how easy it is for you to connect the earphones.
Just to make it clear, all earphones are not born equal with some, you need to do long presses, while with others, they just connect within seconds.
However, in our opinion, big brands do justice in building reliable earpods.
Ease of use
What’s the point in spending dollars if they are not comfortable to use? It can be really annoying to use wireless earphones that come with tiny buttons that are almost difficult to press or are positioned in difficult places.
Some have stubborn sensors and touch screens; therefore, find earpods that are easy to use.
When it comes to earphones, the case they are carried in is very crucial. This is because carry cases are not only the home to wireless earphones but also keep them charged up.
Apple is always on the lookout for releasing high-standard products, and AirPods is one of them. Nowadays, Apple is in the news due to its new variant of the apple homepod!
We hope in this guide, we were able to explain to you how to verify genuine Apple AirPods. So, try them out and let us know in the comment section which one worked out for you the best!