A whopping 1.4 billion people across the world do not have a bank account. There must be a few people you know who do not have an account in a bank either. Have you ever wondered how to send money to someone without a bank accountif they need funds urgently? You can do that at least in eight different ways.
Suggested read: How to Transfer Money from a Virtual Card in 2023 Successfully?
How to send money to someone without a bank account?
1. Mobile payment apps: Several mobile payment apps allow users to send money to people even if the recipients do not have bank accounts. Venmo, Cash App, PayPal, and Zelle are a few such apps. The only requirement is that both the sender and receiver have an account with the same app.
2. Money orders: Money orders can be bought from banks, post offices, and other financial institutions. Fill out the form of the money order with the information of the recipient and mail or deliver it to them. The receiver can cash or deposit the same.
3. Prepaid debit cards: Prepaid debit cards can be purchased and loaded with the desired amount. Then you can send it to others who can use them to withdraw cash from ATMs or do shopping from stores that accept prepaid cards.
4. Cash delivery services: Some organizations deliver cash to recipients securely. Such companies need people to deposit cash in their accounts, which they hand over to the recipients at their location.
5. Money transfer services: MoneyGram, Western Union, and other such money transfer companies offer cash pickup services. The sender can visit any of their offices to send money to the recipient. The other person can collect from a center of the money transfer service used in their location by providing the necessary transaction and identification details.
6. Online payment transfer platforms: There are several online payment transfer platforms available that allow people to send money to others without a bank account. For instance, Remitly and WorldRemit offer mobile wallet transfers and cash pickup options in some countries.
7. Mobile wallets: In many parts of the world like Asia and Africa where mobile money is prevalent, people can use mobile wallets like Paytm or M-Pesa. These services let people transfer money to people with mobile wallets registered with the same service even without bank accounts.
8. Bank checks or drafts: Writing checks or drafts are still valid options to send money to people without bank accounts. While the sender may need to have a bank account to write a check but the recipients do not have to. For making a draft even the sender need not have a bank account. And the recipient can simply cash the check or draft at the drawee bank.
Watch this YouTube video:
Whichever method you choose to send money, ensure that it is genuine and authentic. Let our readers know how to send money to someone without a bank account if you do it in any other way. If you found this article useful, share it with others.