Nearly 2 million people join Google Meet daily as it has brought great convenience to students and working professionals. After the introduction of Google Meet, people have forgotten to use traditional video calling apps like skype and have hooked themselves on Google Meet.
Everything is just one click away, from business meetings to online lectures with google meet. With everything important taking place on Google Meet, it has become imperative for individuals to keep a recording of the session.
If you are searching google with the ‘how to record a google meet without anyone knowing’ question, then you have come to the right place.
Read our guide to solve this issue!
Does Google Meet allow you to record calls?
Yes, Google meet does allow its users to record calls, but they have to pay at least $12 for it!
Yup, you heard it right. Organizations/ individuals have to purchase a paid plan to record the g meet calls. However, even after buying the paid plan, either you have to be the admin of the meeting or need to take permission from the admin to record the call.
If you have purchased a paid plan for Google Meet and want to access the recording feature of G Meet, then follow these simple steps:
- Join the meeting with Google Meet and click the three dots placed at the bottom right corner.
- Scroll down through the pop-up and click on the record meeting.
- A ‘ask for consent’ permission box will appear on your screen. Click on it.
- Once allowed, the recording will start automatically.
Well, well, we know you don’t want to ask for permission while recording your G Meet call.
Therefore we have mentioned innovative methodologies to record your Gmeet calls without anyone knowing. And guess what? Apart from just recording the video, they have some bonus features to offer a pleasant experience.
How to record a Google Meet without anyone
Knowing? Follow these three simple methods
Here are three methods you can follow to solve your ‘how to record a google meet without anyone knowing’ query.
Method 1: Using A Chrome Extension
Using a chrome extension to record meetings is a popular method among google chrome users. Various chrome extensions are present in the market, like loom, nimbus, screencastify, tl;dv, etc. Tl;dv chrome extension is a free solution to record google meet calls without permission. Apart from recording video meetings, it can also leverage features like:
- Customize the meeting length.
- Extract essential insights from the call.
- Quickly catch up with the call
- Create a library of videos based on different categories
Recording Google Meet call with tl;dv chrome extension
- Download the chrome extension from this link.
- Launch the extension and grant all the permissions.
- Install the extension in your web browser and start recording your Google meet calls.
Method 2: Record The Gmeet Calls With The Third-Party Software
If chrome extensions are not your cup of tea, then you can get your hands on the third-party softwares. These softwares are loaded with fantastic add-on features like the ability to schedule recording sessions, noise cancellations, video editing ability, etc.
In our opinion, it is the best way to record Google Meet calls. There are various third-party softwares like Vmaker, OBS, ZD soft screen recording, wonderfox hd video converter factory pro, etc.
Down below, we have mentioned steps you can follow to install wonderfox HD, and record Gmeet calls with it.
How To Use WonderFox HD Video Converter Factory Pro To Record Google Meet Calls?
WonderFox is a simple yet efficient screen recorder tool you can use to record video meetings for free. Apart from recording videos for free, you can also edit the recorded video and personalize it accordingly.
Here are the steps you can follow in recording GMeet calls with WonderFox:
- Download the software from this link.
- Now launch the recorder on your PC and open the recorder.
- Choose the recording settings well in advance to ensure you don’t face any issues in the future.
- Select the recording area to capture the desired region.
- Viola! Now start the recording process on your desktop.
Method 3: Switch On The Phone’s Screen Recorder
If you are joining the google call with your mobile phone, then you can use your smartphone’s inbuilt screen recorder. This is also an effective way to record meetings without anyone knowing:
Follow these steps to record google meet calls on your iOS and Android devices:
- Pull down the notification bar of your smartphone.
- Now, please navigate to the screen recorder and tap on it.
- Once tapped on the screen recorder, a recording icon will appear on the corner of your screen.
- Now, click on that recording icon, and the recording will start automatically.
- Once done, your recording will directly get saved in your gallery.
Google meet is a very fantastic video conferencing solution and has some unique features like changing the background. However, online recording meetings have become a necessity, especially among working professionals.
However, as we have reached the end of this article, we hope we were able to solve your ‘how to record a google meet without anyone knowing’ query.