Tatkal ticket is a reservation facility offered by IRCTC to its passengers who want to undertake the train facility at a short notice. IRCTC does not grant a refund on Tatkal however railways do grant a full fare refund on confirmed Tatkal tickets in case of e-tickets and some special cases. Customers can leverage this feature under TDR (Ticket Deposit Receipt) facility provided on IRCTC website.
Here is our step-by-step guide on how to file TDR in IRCTC for Tatkal.
Let’s get started!
How to file TDR in IRCTC for tatkal? (step-by-step guide)
- Go to the IRCTC website/app and login to your IRCTC Account.
- Go to ‘MY ACCOUNT’ from the top menu bar.
- A list will appear from there click on ‘My Transactions’.
- Select ‘File TDR’ Under ‘My Transactions’ submenu.
- Now fill the passenger details.
- Choose the reason from the list box.
- Now, click on the submit button.
- If you have selected the “Other” option a new text box will appear on the screen. .
- You can fill in the reason behind filing the TDR and hit the submit button.
- A confirmation notification of completion og filing TDR will flash on your screen.
- If your TDR has been successfully filed, ‘Ok’ will display on the screen.
- Once confirmed the TDR Entry Confirmation page will display Reference number, TDR Status,PNR Number, Transaction ID, Reason.
How much % of the ticket price is refunded incase passengers have not traveled under TDR refund scheme in railways?
The timeframe for receiving a refund through a TDR (Ticket Deposit Receipt) varies depending on the specific circumstances of your claim. For instance:
- If you submit a TDR due to a train delay of over three hours and you chose not to travel, you might expect a full refund of your reservation cost within approximately 45 days.
- In cases where your ticket status changes from waitlist to RAC (Reservation Against Cancellation) and you decide not to travel, you could receive a full refund in as little as 7 days.
- However, if you file a TDR for an issue like malfunctioning air conditioning, as verified by the TTE (Travelling Ticket Examiner) on the train, the waiting period for a refund may extend up to a year or more.
Essentially, the processing time for a TDR refund depends on the approval from the relevant zonal manager and the nature of your claim. Keep in mind that it is also possible for your TDR to be rejected.
Also read: Know How to Use the New Bing AI with ChatGPT
Reasons for filing a TDR:
There are a lot of reasons for filing a TDR. We are mentioning some of them here however if you want to know them in detail click here.
- Train canceled by Railways
- Train is more than 3 hours late.
- In instances where the assigned coach is unavailable, causing passengers to utilize a lower-class seating arrangement, there will be a discrepancy in fares.
- If a passenger encounters a malfunctioning air conditioning system, it can also lead to discrepancies.
- If a passenger’s reservation status changes to waitlisted, partially waitlisted, or reservation against cancellation (RAC) after the chart has been prepared, this can also create discrepancies.
- when accommodations are not provided after charting or when passengers travel in a lower class, fare differences may arise.
We hope we were able to help you with how to file TDR in IRCTC for tatkal. Let us know in the comment section were you able to file for TDR in IRCTC.
1. What is TDR, and why is it necessary to file a TDR?
TDR (Ticket Deposit Receipt) is a process to claim a refund for e-tickets by passengers in case of various circumstances like train cancellations, delays, and boarding issues. Filing a TDR is necessary to request a refund for your unused Tatkal tickets.
2. What is the time limit to file a TDR for Tatkal tickets?
For Tatkal tickets, you must file a TDR within 2 hours of the actual departure time of the train from the boarding station.
3. When can I expect the refund after filing a TDR?
refund processing time varies depending on the reason for filing the TDR. Typically, it takes about 7 to 10 working days for the refund to be credited to the passenger’s bank account after verification and approval by the Railways.
4. Can I file a TDR for a partially confirmed Tatkal ticket?
Yes, you can file a TDR for a partially confirmed Tatkal ticket. However, the refund will only be processed for the passengers who didn’t travel and not for the entire ticket.
5. Are there any cancellation charges for Tatkal tickets?
Cancellation charges for Tatkal tickets depend on the class of travel and the time of cancellation. For confirmed Tatkal tickets, no refund is granted upon cancellation. However, in specific circumstances like train cancellations, delays, or other valid reasons mentioned while filing a TDR, refunds may be provided.