We all know how to post videos and pictures on Facebook. They are easy to create and with a few clicks you can get your posts up on the feed. But, Facebook also provides an option to create a ‘carousel’ of posts, for both images and videos. Using the Facebook carousel, you can combine multiple images and videos for a single post or a Facebook ad. Today, we will discuss how to create a carousel post on Facebook.
What is a carousel post?
A carousel post on Facebook can very simply be understood as a combination of up to ten pictures or videos in a single post. The best feature about a Facebook carousel post is that each single image or video can have a unique description or URL or even a different headline.
Carousel posts are great to pack information in a small space. Almost 90% of users access Facebook in their mobiles, therefore carousel posts are great to display more information in a small space. Users can simply swipe left or right to go through the content. A similar feature is available on Instagram as well.
How to create a carousel post on Facebook?
- You can create a carousel post directly on your account page. When you paste or type a link to a post that you want on your wall, a preview is generated.
- Log into your Facebook page and also download the Facebook Ads Manager app.
- You will see a ‘plus’ sign in the middle of the screen. Click it to begin creating your carousel post.
- You will be asked your objective for marketing. So, your target could be either to increase website traffic or see a rise in page likes. You can also name your campaign and the ads on this page. Once you are done naming your campaign you will be taken to the next page.
- Thereafter, you can set your budget for the campaign. You will also have to schedule the campaign run.
- According to your target audience, you can adjust your Facebook ad carousel.
- To proceed further, you will now be taken to the tab for ads. You can check the carousel option and then select the images and the videos that you want to use for your carousel.
- After completing all the aforementioned steps, you are all set to hit the ‘Publish” button.
- Voila! You have created a carousel post on Facebook. You can add separate links and descriptions for all the images/videos in the post.
Carousel posts are content-packed posts that let you utilise both videos and images in a single post. Statists show that carousel posts garner almost 1.5x the engagement on Facebook and Instagram. So, an individual content creator or business owner can reach a bigger audience by curating beautiful and useful carousel posts on their accounts. We hope that we could help you with the steps of creating your first carousel post on Facebook.