Amazon is a global online retailer, and national borders frequently have little bearing on the company’s reach or popularity. That means Amazon supports a wide range of languages; if English isn’t your preferred language, you can generally change language on Amazon app or website according to the comfort.
The only limiting factor is that Amazon does not contain every regional language available around the world. In order to opt for preferred language, one must check if that particular language is supported or not.
Few clicks or taps, can change the language on Amazon. Amazon enables one to change language on it’s website or mobile app.
To assure if the language is supported by Amazon, follow the given guidelines.
- Click the flag icon to the right of the search box at the top of the screen to change the language of the website.
- Tap on the Hamburger menu in the Amazon app.
- Select Settings, then search for Country & Language.
Keep the following things in mind:
- Some website features may not be available in the language of your choice.
- The changed language only applies to the website link one is logged in to.
- If the chosen language does not display on the website make sure to see if you logged into same Amazon site. Some Amazon sites are Amazon ca, Amazon. De. Amazon.com and the likes.
- If the changes were made on the desktop, same changes won’t reflect on mobile application and visa versa.
Change the Language on Amazon.com
- To change language on Amazon website, one needs to open amazon.com on web browser.
- Sign in to the website.
- Click on flag button.
- A drop down menu will appear.
- Select the wanted language.
(regional restrictions may apply)
Find language on Amazon website
- Tap on the flag menu to select a language.
- Change region if wanted language does not appear.
- Look for drop down menu. There, change country or region to find the language.
- Go back to the website.
- A new tab will be opened.
- Amazon will show language according to the region selected.
Change Amazon language on android mobile app
To change Amazon language on a mobile app, following steps will assist.
- Open Amazon application on smartphone.
- Click on hamburger menu.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on Country and Language.
- Tap on Language.
- Select the preferred language.
One could set default language back to English by going through the same process.
Change Amazon language on iOS mobile app
A limited number of languages is being supported by Amazon when it comes to iOS. These are all widely spoken language such as Chinese, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish etc. And the countries supported by Amazon are Canada, India, US, UK, Brazil, China, France, Germany, Japan, Italy, Spain, Mexico etc.
To change language on the iOS device,
- Open Amazon app.
- Click on menu button present on top left corner
- Go to Settings.
- Select Country and Language.
- Click on the arrow shown next to the country’s name.
- Now, choose the preferred country.
- Then click on arrow shown next to language.
- Here all the languages supported by the country selected will be shown.
- After selecting the preferred language, tap on done button.
This is a truly great feature, particularly for people who are living outside of their country of residence. Amazon sets the language supported in the country where you live by default.
This feature by Amazon creates convenience to use the app with the language someone is most familiar with.