Today, most Android phones come with pre-installed apps. While a few of them are useful, others can simply be annoying. The worst part is, that you cannot delete these apps according to your will. So, if you want to know how to hide apps in Realme smartphones, we got you covered.
Realme is a popular brand known to manufacture both budget as well as high-end phones. In this post, we share two ways you can hide apps in your Realme phone. You can hide both default as well as downloaded apps using these two ways.
How to hide apps in Realme?
1. Realme Settings
You can use a feature called the “App Lock” in the “Settings” tab. This feature not only allows you to set a passcode for the apps but also hides them. Follow these steps
- Open Mobile settings> Security
- Next, find “ App Lock” and click on it
- It will then tell you to set a code for the App Lock
- Once you create a passcode, you can go to Security > App Encryption
- Next, enter the code and select the app you wish to hide, and turn on the Enable Hide Home Screen Icons.
- Next, set an Access Number for the application you wish to hide and include a ‘#’ at the end. You will then get a message “Hide Home Screen Icons, Don’t Display in Recent Tasks & Don’t Display Notifications”. All will be enabled.
2. Gamespace Technique
As the name suggests, yes, it is related to the game. Scroll to your App Drawer, you should see a green app icon named Gamespace. You can use this app to hide all the unnecessary apps on your Realme phone. Follow these steps;
- Go to the Gamespace app
- It will ask you to include an app manually in the Game Space. Tap on it.
- You will now see a list of all the apps installed on your Realme phone.
- Next, click on the apps you do not want to see anymore to Game Space
- After completing the procedure, go to the app’s home screen
- Click on the three dots at the top right and go to Settings
- Enable the Hide Game Icon on the home screen to hide your apps
A few common FAQs
1. How to access hidden apps in Realme?
To access hidden apps on Realme phone, you will need a passcode. If you have it then follow the steps we have shared below;
- Go to the Dialer App
- Enter the code you saved as your Access Code( starts and ends with ‘#’)
- A window will appear that will display all the hidden apps
- Click on those apps and use them
2. What is the best way to hide apps in Realme phones?
You can either use the default App Locker or the Game Space app to hide any apps you want to.
So, these are the two ways- how to hide apps in Realme. Follow the above-mentioned methods and you are good to go. You don’t need to download a third-party app to hide the apps you don’t need anymore.