Policy papers are prone to getting misplaced because they are saving tools, and they go on for years and years. That’s why LIC India has introduced a digital portal and tools to help you keep track of your policies. Nowadays, no registration or formalities are required to check out your policies. Here is how to check lic policy status without registration
Read More: How to Update Mobile Number and Email ID in LIC Policy?
How to check LIC policy status without registration
LIC introduced a simple messaging process for its users to check their policy status without registration. Follow further steps to find out how to check lic policy status without registration:
- LIC India has provided an SMS number to check out your LIC status without registering with the LIC. All you have to do is SMS ASKLIC<your policy number>ECDUE and send this to 56767877 from your registered mobile number
- If you forget your payment date for premium food or your policies, you can check out the last Annuity Release Date. For this SMS, ASKLIC<your policy number>ANNPD and send it to 5676877 from your registered mobile number
- In the case of a policyholder’s account, your cheque might bounce due to insufficient funds. In that case, you can ask for information about the cheque return. You can SMS ASKLIC<your policy number>CHQRET and send this SMS to 56767877 from one’s registered mobile number
- Most of your policies need annual installments, but sometimes installments may need to be deposited quarterly, monthly, or half-yearly. If you wish to avail their details, you can do it by sending an SMS to ASKLIC<your policy number>PREMIUM to 56767877 from your registered mobile number
- In case you want to check out the bonus amount for your insurance policies, you can check out by sending SMS ASKLIC<your policy number>BONUS to 56767877 from your registered mobile number
- Sometimes unknown events may result in non-payment of your premium account. It may have caused the lapse of your insurance policy. However, you can revive such a policy within five years. Inquiry of revival amount can be done by sending SMS ASKLIC<your policy number>REVIVAL to 56767877 from your registered mobile number
- As a policyholder, you should know how much you can fetch from your insurance policies. Check out the amount of loan you can avail by sending SMS ASKLIC<your policy number>LOAN to 56767877 to your registered mobile number
- Beneficiaries are required to nominate every insurance policy. If the policyholder is no longer in the future, beneficiaries get the insured amount from insurance. You can check out nomination details by sending SMS ASKLIC<your policy number>NOM to 56767877 from your registered mobile number
Read More: Digital Bill to Bring Cyberbullying under Purview
Other than the SMS method, you can use your ID and password to log into the digital portal of LIC. You can also get various updates and information on your email address and registered mobile number. Once you log in, follow further steps:
- Tap on the ‘Online Service’ tab. You’ll be redirected to the ‘e-service’ page
- Here find out ‘New User Registration tab
- Open a new page > fill in the details > tap on ‘proceed,’ and you are done with the process
The digital world is serving its advantages in every sector, and the finance sector is also not untouched by it. Handling policy papers has been a strenuous task for elders, but now no more; you can take advantage of SMS and online digital portal and understand how to check lic policy status without registration.
Read More: Know All About the Digital Rupee and What it Means to You.