This article is dedicated to people who are unable to add bank account in Google Pay for certain reasons. Google Pay is used by millions around the world. This is a great app to shop online, pay bills or send money directly from your account to anybody else’s in real-time over UPI. The transactions are secured by UPI PIN. Thus, if you want to know how to add a bank account on Google Pay since you are unable to continue reading.
Are You Unable to Add Bank Account in Google Pay?
Assuming that you already have downloaded and installed Google Pay on your device, here is a step-by-step guide to help you add a bank account to it:
- Open the Google Pay app on your smartphone
- Tap on your photo
- Click on Send money Bank account option
- Choose your bank’s name from the list
- Permit Google Pay to send a verification SMS to the bank
- Enter your existing UPI PIN or create one
- If you have forgotten the PIN, use the debit card of the same bank account to reset the UPI PIN
Google Pay allows the users to add multiple bank accounts. You can follow the above guide to add multiple accounts. However, one account has to be set as the primary mode of payment for the transactions.
To add a bank account as a primary payment method, choose Payment methods by swiping down the homepage screen. Choose the account and tap on Set as Primary Account.
How to Resent Google Pay UPI PIN?
- Open the Google Pay app on your phone
- Tap on your photo
- Click on the bank account you want to edit
- Tap on Forgot UPI PIN
- Feed the last 6 digits and expiry date of the debit card linked with the bank account as prompted
- Create a new UPI PIN
- You will receive an OTP through an SMS
- Enter the same
Please be careful while feeding the PIN as entering the wrong UPI PIN more than 3 times will block the account for 24 hours. You would neither be able to send money nor receive money during this period.
Let us know if you are still unable to add bank account in Google Pay even after following the given process. We would try to figure out the issue and provide a solution for the same. Please like and share this article to help others if you find it useful.