Are you feeling irritated lately for getting numerous notifications from various Gmail accounts installed on your device and wondering how to remove Gmail account from phone? Well, it is an easy process and in this article, we will guide you through the entire process. Whether you are using an iPhone or an Android device, we have a solution for both.
How to Remove Gmail Account from Phone?
Guide to removing Gmail account from an iPhone:
- Tap on Settings from your home screen
- Scroll down and tap on Passwords and Accounts
- Tap on Gmail
- Tap on Delete Account
- Confirm your choice by tapping on Delete from My iPhone
Guide to removing Gmail account from an Android smartphone:
- Open Settings
- Tap on Accounts or Users and Accounts as per your device
- Tap on the Gmail account(s) you want to delete
- Tap on Remove Account to confirm your choice
Removing Gmail Account Remotely
In case your smartphone is stolen or lost, you might want to protect your data for security and privacy reasons. You can remove your Gmail account from the device remotely as well. Here is how:
- Sign in to your Google account from a different device
- Find Settings and tap on it
- Tap on the Gmail account(s) you wish to remove
- Click on Manage Your Google Account
- Navigate to the Security tab
- Tap on Manage devices after scrolling to Your devices
- There will be a list of devices you are signed into with the Google account.
- Find your missing device and go to Account Access and click on the Remove button to confirm your choice.
When Should You Remove Your Gmail Account(s) from Your Smartphone?
Well, there could be many situations or reasons when you may consider removing your Gmail account(s) from your phone. Ideally, you should remove Gmail account(s) if you are selling your device and upgrading to a new one.
You may also consider removing your Gmail account(s) if you are lending your phone to somebody else for a few days.
You may need to remove the account(s) if you experience any functionality issue with them so that when you re-login, it functions properly.
Things to Consider
If you are an Android user you need to be logged in to at least one of your Gmail accounts. This is because most applications need the users to have an active Gmail account since they are tied to the Google Play Store. It would not be possible to access Google Play Store if all the Gmail accounts are removed. Well, do not worry if you removed all accounts by mistake since you can always re-login.
It is advisable to stay logged in from the most important of your Gmail account and use the browser to use your other accounts as and when required. We hope to have been able to help you with the method of how to remove Gmail account from phone. Isn’t it is so easy to do it when you know the process? Let us know in the comments below if you need a step-by-step guide to get anything else done.