Gender disparity is not unknown to our world. If we were to look at the statistics, over the last few decades there has been a rise in the female literacy rate. However, women’s empowerment still remains largely a herculean task. In our country, violence against women is still rampant. Self-defense gadgets for women are available which can help women protect themselves against violence. However, instead of these gadgets, we need to focus more on the deep-rooted problem of violence.
If you are a woman chances are that you have felt unsafe on multiple occasions. Whether you are returning from work late in the evening or are planning to go to walk your dog, there is a certain amount of fear felt within. The increasing number of violent attacks and rape of women add to constant security concerns.
One way to alleviate fears regarding safety is to be prepared. As far as women’s safety is concerned, one cannot be too careful. One of the best ways for a woman to keep herself protected is to learn some form of self-defense. But, like any other sport or skill, it requires years of practice. In addition to learning, self-defense in the form of martial arts, a number of self-defense gadgets are available for women today.
What is special about self-defense gadgets for women?
Most self-defense gadgets for women are compact and sleek. Many of them do not even look like conventional weapons making them easy to disguise. They are easy to carry and swift to use. One of the most common self-defense gadget in the market is pepper spray.
But today we will share with you other kinds of self-defense gadgets for women, which will make you more confident while you are out and about.
- Lipstick flashlight- it is a rechargeable flashlight which can be easily mistaken for a lipstick. It looks exactly like a lipstick and is lightweight.
- Safety telescopic rod:- Safety batons or rods are compact telescopic rods that can deal a great blow to the attacker. They can be instantly snapped into full length and are great to addition to a women’s safety arsenal.
- Safer smart pendant:- This beautiful-looking pendant can actually save your life. Whenever you feel you need help, just click the SAFER device which is installed in the pendant. This will send an alert to your designated contacts along with your current location. Looks chic and does the job!
- E-Alarm sound grenade:- This teeny-tiny device is loud enough to grab anyone’s attention within 100 meters. Once you pull the latch on the device it sounds an alarm. Great way to attract attention to yourself in case you are feeling threatened.
- Wristlet alarm and whistle:- It a loud whistle which comes with a flashlight. It can be carried in a keychain or in pocket of clothes.
The safety of women remains a grave concern in our country. Over the years, various laws have been implemented for the protection of women against violence. Still, the possibility of finding a woman who has not feel threatened by someone is highly unlikely. Therefore, it is better to be prepared with some type of self-defense gadget for women than to be caught unaware.