The UMANG app is a crucial part of the Indian government’s Digital India campaign. Short for ‘Unified Mobile Application for New-Age Governance’, the UMANG app aims to facilitate e-governance in the country by providing access to various government schemes in one place. UMANG EPFO is one of its major benefits for working professionals. Additionally, the provision of an Umang login EPFO registration has further simplified the process of managing provident funds for both the employer and employee.
The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) is responsible for managing provident funds and pension accounts of member employees. With the UMANG Login, employees can keep a tab on their provident funds as well as withdraw funds conveniently. They can also shift their PF balance at the time of switching the organisation.
What are the Steps for Umang Login EPFO App Registration?
- Visit the member e-Sewa portal for registration
- Register your self as an employee
- Fill out your recorded Universal Account Number
- Complete the online registration process
- Access your details
Employee Registration on the EPFO Member Portal
Step1: Employees can go to the EPFO Member e-Sewa Page for their online registrations. On the member interface page, you can click on the ‘Activate UAN’ link to start your EPFO member registration process.
Step 2: Fill out your details including your Universal Account Number as per the EPFO records. In case, you don’t have a UAN, you could use a Member ID, AADHAR or PAN card to generate the authorisation PIN to complete your registration.
EPFO Registration and Login for employers
Step 1: Employers can complete their online registration process on the unified Shram Suvidha Portal using their mobile number and email Id.
Step 2: Then, log in on the Employer Services Portal using the username and password provided at the time of registration.
Steps for Umang EPFO app download
- Download the UMANG app from Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- Navigate to EFPO and click on the employee-centric option in the subsequent tab.
- When you choose to view passbook, a pop-up box will appear asking for your UAN and OTP. Remember to keep your phone close by as you will get only 2 minutes to enter OTP.
- As soon as you successfully submit the OTP, you will see a complete list of all your EPF accounts. You can further click on the particular employer-specific tabs to view your balance and entries. You can also keep an offline copy of this passbook by downloading it on your smartphone.
Have you tried the UMANG app yet? Tell us about your thoughts and concerns in the comments. We will try to redress your problems with the support of our experts.