2017 saw an influx of technological innovations coming from directors as well as programmers alike. Some created a ripple, while others initiated drastic changes that became the talk of the town. Based on the lists developed by Forbes, Time and Inc., we picked five tech masterminds that shaped the way technology impacted our lives.
- Elon Musk – The 46-year-old technology expert tops Time’s 2017 list of the 20 Most Influential People In Tech Right Now’. Elon Musk is a name synonymous with aerospace and automobile technology, thanks to his two very successful ventures namely SpaceX and Tesla. His endeavors to positively impact the globe proved successful when SpaceX, under his guidance, exhibited the Mars colony project and the Musk electric jet.
- Gary Vaynerchuk – This internet expert has been successful in grabbing the first spot on Forbes’ 2017 list of Top Ten Influencers in Tech and Business. As per Forbes, he has been one of the foremost individuals who employed social media to build an impressive following of like-minded individuals. Currently a YouTube sensation, Vaynerchuk gives authentic wine reviews on his channel, while also promoting the use of digital marketing.
- Jeff Bezos – Time places the founder of the world’s biggest retail company Amazon on the second spot on its list that celebrates the contributions of the 20 most influential people in tech. The web services launched by Jeff Bezos’ company have taken the world by storm with big companies such as Netflix relying on them.
- Kimberly Bryant – Having found Black Girls Who Code in 2011, there has been no looking back for this education plus technology guru. Kimberly Bryant’s initiative to impart coding education to girls of color has won her accolades with Inc. placing her on number four in their list of ’30 Most Inspirational Women to Watch in Tech in 2017’. Her organization focuses on building a pool of experts by teaching STEM, computer programming, and other intricacies at a nascent age.
- Marques Brownlee – His love for technology made Marques Brownlee start giving software tutorials right when he was 16 years old. At an age when individuals are still deciding about their future, Marques had already stepped into the field of money making by combining his passion and career. According to Forbes, he has worked with an impressive list of companies such as Google, Tesla, etc. and owns his own YouTube channel where he lays emphasis on gadgets and other tech-related products.
The future of technology cannot be predicted, yet one thing is here to stay and that is change itself. 2018 will be marked by more robust technologies being developed by executives of top companies or talented individuals hidden in some corner of the world, which will redefine the world’s thinking process.