A look at the primary features of the iPhone 5, HTC One X, Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung S3, LG 4X HD and Motorola Driod Razor
Looks, Processing, What Else has the iPhone 5 Got?
- The iPhone 5 has a faster A6 processor that’s roughly 160 points faster than the dual-core SGS3. However, the quad-core SGS3 processor is about 10 times faster than the iPhone.
- It has a 4-inch retina display that gives a larger and clearer canvas at 326 pixels per inch. The new iPhone gives 44% better color saturation than its previous version.
- iPhone 5 uses the LTE wireless technology that’s optimized for better battery life and designed for ultrafast connectivity in a thin profile.
- iPhone 5 supports more networks all over the world, including advanced networks such as HSPA, HSPA+, and DC-HSDPA.
- With the A6 processor, the iPhone 5offers faster CPU performance, which enhances your experience with apps, internet surfing and emailing.
Size: 4.87 inches (H) X 2.31 inches (W) X 0.30 inch (D)
Weight: 3.95 ounces
Bottomline: If you want a phone that has everything right, albeit not the best, pick the iPhone 5
Also see the in depth comparison here: http://techthirsty.com/2012/09/29/samsung-galaxy-note-2-vs-apple-iphone-5-vs-nokia-lumia-920-the-game-of-thrones/
Yes, futuristic in design. But is the HTC One X any good?
- The HTC One X comes loaded with the Android 4.0.4 and Sense 4.1.
- Has a massive 4.7-inch screen with a 720p HD display.
- The look is completed with its 8.9mm thick chassis.
- Offers 4G LTE data speeds for better downloads and the Super IPS LCD 2 technology makes viewing more fun.
- Comes with a powerful camera.
Size: 5.3 inches tall X 2.75 inches wide X 0.36 inch thick
Bottomline: If you’re looking for a smartphone with fabulous features at good price, HTC One X should be your choice.
Brighter Colors, Faster Processing. Is the Nokia Lumia 920 Worth It?
- The design of Nokia Lumia 920 is its highlight with the iconic unibody polycarbonate shell and exciting colors.
- It’s a Windows Phone 8 with PureView camera.
- It has PureMotion HD+ display. This means it has a 4.5-inch HD (1280 x 768) IPS display of ‘Retina-grade’ with a 332ppi.
- It has the Qi wireless charging standard
- With Qualcomm’s Snapdragon S4 SoC, it has a speedy 1.5GHZ dual-core CPU and faster Adreno 225 graphics chip.
Size: 130.3 mm (H) X 70.8 mm (W) X 10.7 mm (T)
Weight: 185 g
Bottomline: Multitasking and managing apps is easy with Nokia Lumia 920 that’s powered by Windows 8.
Nokia Lumia 920 price revealed: http://techthirsty.com/2012/09/29/get-ready-to-break-your-banknokia-lumia-920-priced-at-rs-40000-in-india/
How does the Samsung S3 fair against the iPhone 5?
- If you want are looking for a phone that gives you a larger screen, the Samsung Galaxy S3 should be your choice.
- The Galaxy S3 comes as a dual-core device in the United States and as quad-core outside of the US.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 comes fully loaded with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
- It has 4G LTE/HSPA+ 42 capability and a zippy dual-core processor.
- The phones comes with a strong 8-megapixel camera.
- It also comes with the S Beam software enhancement for file sharing.
Size: 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm
Weight: 133 g
Bottomline: This phone can be charged without the need for a cable and its near-field communication support allows wireless transactions like payments.
Buy the LG Optimus 4X HD for its hi-tech features
- This is LG’s first quad-core smartphone.
- It has a large 4.7-inch IPS LCD display that’s rectangular in shape.
- The earpiece of the phone has a 1.3MP front-facing camera that makes video chatting easy.
- The textured rear of the phone has an 8MP camera with LED flash.
- It has the Nvidia Tegra 3 quad-core processor clocked at 1.5GHz.
- It has 1GB of RAM and 16GB built-in storage that’s expandable up to 32GB with a microSD card.
Size: 132.4 x 68.1 x 8.9 mm
Weight: 133 g
Bottomline: Apart from its removable battery and microSD card, the LG Optimus 4X HD offers high-definition video experience.
What to expect from revival of the Motorola driod razor?
- The Razr is back as an Android phone with 4G LTE
- It has a large large qHD screen with 4.7 inch Super AMOLED HD display
- The new Razr has a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor
- Said to be fitted with a 2540 mAh battery
- Has the a Snapdragon S4 dual core processor and the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS
- Uses the Motorola interface
Size: 130.7 x 68.9 x 7.1 mm
Weight: 127 g
Bottomline: If you want a thin phone with better battery life, go with a Droid Razr Maxx.