Samsung has recently released the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for its international variant of the Galaxy S4. The users who have already updated their devices, dubbed as the Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE GT-I9505, to the I9505XXUFNA1 build can already root their devices.
The rooting of the LTE variant with the model number GT-I9505 gives user administrator access, which enable them to install custom ROMs and install skins. Here is the detailed information on how to root and install custom ROM on the international LTE variant.
- The model number has to be the Galaxy S4 LTE GT-I9505 running Android 4.4.2 KitKat build XXUFNA1. Back up your device and ensure that you have at least 80% of battery left. Install USB drivers on your computer > enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Download Chainfire Auto-Root package and Odin3 > extract the file to your computer.
- Turn off your device > reboot in Download Mode by holding the volume down and power buttons at the same time and then, follow on-screen instructions.
- Open Odin > connect your device while it is in Download Mode via USB cable.
- In Odin click on PDA > select the Chainfire Auto-Root file > check Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
- Click the Start Button (this process will take about a minute then your device is expected to reboot and you will receive root access on your device running Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
- Confirm that you have the rooted your device by installing Root Checker from the Google Play store.
- Once rooted, install custom ROMs on your device, which will optimise its features.
Samsung Galaxy S4 is equipped with lots of interesting and exciting features that made it the choice of masses within the very short span of time. It features an extraordinarily slim bezel along with a special polycarbonate body, making it the lightest and most sophisticated Galaxy yet. The smartphone has a 5.1 inch full HD Super AMOLED screen along with 1.9GHz quad-core Qualcomm processor and 2GB RAM. The Galaxy S4 is equipped with a 13 megapixel rear-mounted camera along with 1080p full HD video recording and an integrated flash.