Smart video doorbells have become an indispensable necessity of every smart home. The first point of contact for the outsiders, video doorbell serves as the eyes and ears that tells you what is behind the door. To meet up with the pacing demands of smart home security system, SimpliSafe has introduced an all-new Video Doorbell Pro.
The latest Video Doorbell Pro can be integrated with a SimpliSafe security and home automation system. The new addition can efficiently capture two-way audio whilst showing the image of the person standing at the door.
This new invention is capable of capturing motion on the entryway, front porch, side of the door, side door, and alley. This facility will reduce the need for installing multiple cameras, thus quelling installation, maintenance and troubles.
Features of Simplisafe Video Doorbell
The latest addition in the Simplisafe family boasts of a 1080p Full HD camera. Holding a 162-degree super-wide lens, the Video Doorbell Pro has an increased focal length, and are capable of capturing up to 80 degrees field of view. It also comes with HDR support, thus ensuring better clarity, even at night.
The person detection feature of the Simplisafe Video Doorbell uses a PIR sensor that identifies heat, and comes with an image-classification system that is designed to differentiate forms.
For instance, it can differentiate human movement from that of a dog. Also, the night vision technology allows the user to see images in plain view before opening the door Priced at $169, the video doorbell works well with 8V to 24V wiring. What is most interesting is that the new wide-angle camera doorbell can be easily integrated with Google Assistant, Alexa, and Apple Watch.
As soon as the doorbell detects movement, every sensor and camera will start recording the motion whilst capturing including footage from before the movement stopped.
The company is offering three different faceplates – Obsidian, Cloud, and Jade, and also promises to bring greater range of interchangeable plates in the coming few months.
Benefits of Installing Simplisafe Video Doorbell
- Improved Depth of Field – Get automatic illumination of your entry area to deter possible threats
- Enhanced Perspective – Get 180 degree view of what happens behing the door with the video doorbell by Simplisafe.
- Two-way conversation – It can capture two-way audio whilst showing the image of the person standing at the door
- Controlled lighting – The Simplisafe doorbell allows the users to integrate the video doorbell with your lights for further security benefits
- Versatility – The new doorbell systems also provides convenience when you are at home. You can connect it with your mobile, and will be alerted by a message if there is a movement outside.