Even though we’d been hearing rumors about the Galaxy S4 in the making for a while, we hadn’t heard about its launch date so far. Well, the latest rumor is that we can expect Samsung’s hottest upcoming flagship smartphone to hit the market by early April. The phone is expected to launch by April 8, 2013, according a New Zealand mobile retailer’s announcement. The company is offering the Galaxy S4 as one of the prizes to a contest’s winners. The announcement also goes on to describe how the winners of this contest will get to attend an event by the end of May, leading to further speculation that the phone could be handed to them then.
This is everything we’ve heard so far on the rumored Galaxy S4:
- We weren’t really sure of the upcoming phone’s name, but going by the trend, we guessed the next in line would be called the Galaxy S4. Interestingly, thanks to a slip of the tongue, we ended up receiving official confirmation from a Samsung employee itself during a presentation.
- It is expected to have a 4.99-inch full HD 1080p display with a 441 ppi, which can work with the S-Pen.
- The Galaxy S4 will support wireless charging via a dock, much like other leading smartphones that are already out in the market. The phone could also have an advanced technology using resonant magnetic coupling to enable this, which could let it charge from a 2 meter distance.
- Some of the leaked images show the Galaxy S4 to be lacking a home button and with similar curved edges like the Galaxy S3. But of course, we’re not entirely sure if the final product would look like that.
- The Galaxy S4 is rumored to be powered by a 2 GHz quad-core processor and 2 GB of RAM, and is said to run Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie. We’ve also heard that the phone could be equipped with a 13 MP rear camera.
- Its rumored competitors could be the HTC M7, LG Optimus G2, Apple iPhone 5S, Google Nexus 5 by LG, and an upcoming 6.44-inch device from Sony.