Those who are still undecided to make a choice between Samsung Galaxy S4 and Galaxy S5 can go through the following specifications and price comparison of both the devices in Australia. This would help to make an informed decision.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 has 5-inches screen whereas Galaxy S5 flaunts 5.1-inches but both have Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen with 1080×1920 display resolution. While the former weighs 130 grams, the latter weighs 145 grams.
- Galaxy S4 comes with a quad core 1.6GHz A7 processor and Exynos 5 Octa 5410 chipset and Galaxy S5 has the more powerful Snapdragon 801 chipset and 2.5GHz quad core krait 400 processor.
- Galaxy S5 comes with internal memory variants of 16GB and 32GB and is externally expandable up to 128 GB. Galaxy S4 is equipped with 16GB, 32GB and 64GB internal memory variants, expandable externally up to 64 GB. Both have 2GB RAM.
- As far as the OS is concerned, Galaxy S4 runs on Android Jelly Bean whereas Galaxy S5 runs on the latest Android Kit Kat OS.
- Both the devices have 2 PM front or secondary camera. The difference is in the rear or primary camera. While Galaxy S4 has 13MP camera with LED flash and Autofocus, Galaxy S5 boasts a camera of 16MP with LED flash and face detection autofocus.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 has Li-Ion 2600 mAh battery that allows 17 hours of talk time on 3G, Galaxy S5 comes with Li-Ion 2800 mAh battery allowing the users talk time around 21 hours.
More than other features, it is the price that concerns the buyers. A price comparison would make it much easier for people to choose between the two phones. In Australia, the Galaxy S4 is priced around AU $ 499.95 for 16GB variant and AU $ 609.95 for 32GB. Galaxy S5 being the latest and the more advanced one is priced at AU $ 849.95 for 16GB 4G LTE variant.