Samsung has just rolled out Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update. With the new update the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 users will be able to access many new features on their devices Bluetooth Low Energy, New Nova Home Launcher, OpenGL ES 3.0, Better Display Features and New Bug fixes.
To upgrade your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean the requirements are as follows: (These steps to upgrade your phone to Jelly Bean should be followed at your iwn risk)
- Root your handset and install a ClockworkMod custom recovery.
- Select the USB debugging option from the Settings mode
- Make sure your device has more than 70% battey before the upgarde
- Create a backup of all personal information, settings and data files stored on your smartphone.
- Remember that once you root your phone the warranty of your phone will become invalid.
- The latest firmware XWKDD should be updated on Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100
How to root your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT 192100 (courtesy Howik.com) :
- Download Unofficial CM 10.2 ROM zip, and save it anywhere you like.
- Connect Your Galaxy S2, using the original USB Cable.
- Copy and paste the downloaded .zip file to the root of SD card.
- Turn off your phone.
- Now turn it on while pressing Volume Up and Home key, along with the Power Key, until you see some text on screen.
- Select Install Zip from SD Card, then select Choose Zip from SD Card, and then select the downloaded zip that you copied in the root of SD card.
- Confirm the installation on the next screen.
- Once done, follow the same step to install Google Apps
- Once done, return to the main menu and restart it.
- It will take up to five minutes for the first run so please wait.
- After following these steps, your Galaxy S2 I9100 is updated to CM 10.2 custom ROM based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.