For those who are currently using Windows, Microsoft is inviting them to reserve Windows 10 for their devices. The note to user says that they will be able to download Windows 10 for free once it is available. They have also specified that the update will happen after 29 July, which is the launch date of the latest Microsoft operating system. Microsoft has planned a unique launch and sale plan for Windows 10 this time. It will be available on flash drives! Amazon.com pre order suggests that the new OS will be available on media other than DVDs.
Windows 10 release date
The Windows 10 release date had been set for 30 August in the US. It will be available for a price of US$ 119.99 for home version and US$199.99 for Windows 10 Pro. However, it will be available for download from 29 July.
How to upgrade to Windows 10
Now that Microsoft is sending out invites to current users to download the new version of the operating system, here is how you can do it:
- Reserve your device for a free upgrade.
- First, click on the small Windows icon located at the right-hand end of the taskbar.
- You will get the option: ‘Reserve your free upgrade’
- Enter your email in case you would like a confirmation.
- That’s all. Once you have registered for the Microsoft Windows 10, it will download automatically when available.