Skoda has finally unveiled the new Skoda Octavia and we can’t wait to get it in the Indian market. The official promo of the much anticipated car of Skoda is out and it would go on sale in March next year and as it is one of most awaited cars in India it is most likely to see the launch in the same month.
The official trailer of Octavia 2013: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECFRMHubJXM
Just to refresh your memory this new offering from Skoda is based on Volkswagen’s renowned MQB platform and is said to be lighter than the Laura that Skoda sells here.
The 2013 Octavia is capacious as compared to its predecessor and offers more comfort. Also the grapevine is that Skoda India could bring back the ‘Octavia’ model name after the first generation car got phased out in 2010.
The price of the car is still to be announced.
More specfications of the car as revealed by an India auto blog are :
Petrol engines for 2013 Skoda Octavia
- 1.2 litre TSI developing 84 bhp/160Nm with an economy and CO2 emission of 19.23 kpl and 119 g/km respectively, available only with 5-speed manual gearbox.
- Greentec version of the 1.2 produces 103hp/175Nm that returns 20.40 kpl and emits 114 g/km of CO2. It is available with either a six-speed manual or seven-speed DSG autobox.
- 1.4 TSI Greentec pumps out 138hp/250Nm with an economy of 18.86 kpl and CO2 emission of 121 g/km. It is available with either the six-speed manual or seven-speed DSG automatic.
- 1.8 TSI Greentec which generates 177hp/250Nm covers 17.54 kpl and emits 131 g/km of CO2, available only with the seven-speed DSG.
Diesel engines for 2013 Skoda Octavia
- 1.6 TDI with 89hp – 24.39 kpl – 109 g/km of CO2.
- 1.6 TDI Greentec with 103hp – 26.31 kpl – 99 g/km of CO2 – mated to 5-speed manual or 7-speed DSG.
- 1.6 TDI GreenLine with 109hp – 29.41 kpl – 89 g/km of CO2 – mated to 6-speed manual.
- 2.0 TDI Greentec with 148hp/320 Nm – 22.22 kpl – 119 g/km of CO2 – 6-speed manual or DSG.