With the Android 4.3 JellyBean update, many changes and improvements have been integrated with Samsung Galaxy S3 with model number GT-I9300. S3 owners who wish to update their gadgets with Android 4.3 and root them, follow these guidelines. Here’s what you need first before the rooting process begins:
1) Get the USB Driver installed in the phone for transferring files between S3 and the computer.
2) Make sure the USB debugging mode is enabled on the phone.
3) It must be noted that a data backup of the phone memory is created as the process leads to wiping out of all data in the phone. If there are many custom recovery mods such as ClockworkMod, backup can be done easily.
4) Make sure the battery is charged to at least 80% as the installation process depletes the battery considerably. This is a crucial step, otherwise the device may get damaged.
5) Manufacturer’s warranty will be lost if the device is rooted, however the same can be reclaimed by unrooting the phone.
6) The CF-Auto-Root files function well only on Galaxy S3 I-9300. Verify the model number first.
Follow these steps to root the device:
1) Download CF-Auto-Root file for S3 bearing the file name File name: CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300.zip
2) Download Odin3_v3.07 and switch off the handset.
3) Press Volume down and power buttons simultaneously until the Android icon with a warning triangle appears on the screen. Press Volume up to start the download mode.
4) Run Odin3 v3.07.exe as Administrator and connect the phone to the PC.
5) Select PDA and select CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300.tar.md5. Make sure Auto-Reboot and F.Reset Time are checked. Press the start button in Odin and the installation process starts.
6) The phone is rebooted and a pass message appears in the extreme left box of Odin. Get the device disconnected from the computer.