Samsung has built up a loyal fan following around the globe. With a slew of releases from time to time, we have seen the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and then the Note Edge followed in succession.
The main features of each of these smart gadgets are as under-
- The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 comes in 5.5 inch screen size and is beefed up with Super AMOLED HD display. Add to this 1.6 GHz Quad Core Exynos processor, 2GB RAM and 16 GB inbuilt memory storage and you get a wonder. Of course, it comes with 8.1 MP main camera.
- With the Galaxy Note 3, Samsung gave us 1080×1920 pixels on a 5.7 inch Corning Gorilla Glass 3 LCD screen. It added a 13 MP shutter, a quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400 CPU and we got all we had to fall in love with the Note 3.
- With Galaxy Note 4, the Korean maker unleashed a phone with the best display around back then. Its main specs included 5.7 inch screen with Super AMOLED display and 2560x 1440 resolution, 2.7 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor and a beefy 3 GB RAM. Not to forget the 16 MP shutter.
- Samsung solidified its position in the smart gadget world with its offering– Note Edge. Running on a 2.7 GHz quad-core processor, the device is a 5.6 inch beauty with a pixel resolution of 2560 x 1440 on a Quad HD+ display. Again, a 16 MP clicker and 3 GB RAM completes this device from Samsung.
While each of these gadgets are having a dream run ever since their launch, the latest news that users can be happy about is the release of the Android 5.0 Lollipop update. The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 update has been released while Sprint has released firmware for Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
- It will have the Android 5.0.1 OTA that will smoothen away few bugs and improve functionality. The main bug that has constantly cause issues on the contacts app has been fixed and now users will be able to access a Side View Panel. Other features that have made way into the Note 4 after the update are-
- Mute Feature while in vibrate mode
- Notification selection mode changes
- All new Do Not Disturb mode
- With the update, users of Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and the Galaxy Note Edge, users now can access the same from OTA. Note 3 will now have usual Lollipop specs.
- On the other hand, the new features post-update on the Galaxy Note Edge are some enhancements for WiFi calling and Factory Reset Protection.
- If you happen to own a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 you may update it via the new CM 12.1 Custom ROM from CyanogedMod.
Need to know more about the updates or main specs of Samsung handsets? Keep watching this space for interesting titbits!