Apple is scheduled to release its much awaited devices – iPhone 6, iPad Air 2 and Mini 3 – in the remaining part of 2014. There have been lots of media reports and rumors regarding their features and specifications, out of which some have been confirmed. We bring to you a list of nine confirmed features that iOS8 will be having in the three next-generation devices.
1) Apple is scheduled to introduce a health application, which will enable users to closely monitor their key medical data and keep a healthy lifestyle in the process.
2) Notification on iPhone 6, iPad Air 2 and Mini 3 will definitely be simplified, all hanks to the iOS8 operating system.
3) The upgraded version of Siri will definitely be introduced in the devices. It will support nearly 22 different languages, streaming voice recognition, Shazam integration as engine for music recognition, and hands-free iPhone/iPad control that is triggered by simply muttering ‘Hey Siri!’.
4) With the new iOS 8 feature, up to six members of a family can share their information. One notable use is that the feature will allow the sharing of a family credit card while purchasing goods at the App Store.
5) Touch ID is sure to ne deployed in the iPhones and iPads this 2014. This feature will be of great help in securing and authenticating mobile device transactions that use non-Apple applications.
6) Another great feature of iOS8 will be its Wi-Fi calling as well as initiating and receiving calls outside of cellular networks.
7) Messaging enhancement is another great advantage introduced in the iOS8. It will have the ability to mute notifications for group messages, recording and sending of audio/video messages using the app and gesture-prompted automatic sending of sound messages.
8) The new operating system will enable the installation of non-Apple keyboard apps. The incredibly popular Swype will be the first to feature on this list.
9) In iOS 8, Apple will feature the 64-bit standard with the introduction of Metal, which will pave the way for the next-level of mobile gaming with the iPhone and iPad at forefront.
It has been long rumored that the company is scheduled to release two versions of iPhone 6 this year, with one having a 4.7-inch display and the other boasting a 5.5- or 5.7-inch screen. The company is believed to start the production of the 4.7-inch model in July, with the commercial launch due in September. Meanwhile, the manufacturing of the bigger version would start sometime in September. This suggests that the two versions will not hit the market at the same time.