Either you are switching from your old mobile to a newer one or you may wish to share an app with your friend, whatever the case, now you want to know how to transfer apps from android to android. Users can transfer apps from android to android by using third-party apps or some backup settings. This article covers all of the safe and step-by-step methods to transfer apps between androids.
Different ways to transfer apps from android to android
- Smart Switch (for Samsung users)
- AirDroid app
- Using the tool Android File Manager
- Backup method
Smart Switch method
Not just between Samsung mobiles but also from any android to Samsung or from iPhone to Samsung, Smart Switch can do all of them. Users can use this method to transfer apps, data, contacts, etc. Follow the following to know how to transfer apps from android to android:
- Install the Smart Switch app on your previous phone.
- Open the app on your previous phone
- Go to your Samsung galaxy > Open the setting > Find out Smart Switch and open it
- Allow all the permissions for the new app
- Connect both mobiles for that reason pick your older mobile phone > tap on send data > Choose Galaxy > Tap on wireless
- On your newer mobile phone tap on receive data > From Android/Galaxy > choose Wireless
- Once both devices are connected, the user can start to transfer the apps or data from the older phone to the newer one.
Read More: 5 Best Free Astrology Apps For Android In 2023
A mobile management and file transfer app that can help users to transfer apps as well as other important data between androids. Other data includes multimedia, documents, files, etc. The AirDroid app is available on Android, iOS, Windows, and the web also.
So not just an answer for how to transfer apps from android to android but is useful for data transfer on other devices as well.
Before you choose AirDroid for app transfer, go through its features first, so that you can utilize it at the most:
- No need for cloud storage, cross-platform services are available
- Users can rely on its secure and fast sharing
- No conditions of specific data types, users can send data across different networks
- Data transfer at a speed of 20 MB/s
- Ensures no degradation in the quality of data transferred
- Not just transfers the apps but also has functions such as remote camera, remote access, SMS and notification management, mirroring
Follow the following steps to know how to transfer apps from android to android using AirDroid:
- Install the AirDroid app from the Google play store, on both of your android devices
- Use the same email credential on both of your android devices and sign up for the AirDroid.
- Go to my devices on the AirDroid app and both Android devices
- Go to the attachment icon on the previous android > Tap on the apps, that you wish to transfer to the new device
- Once done, hit the send button to begin the transfer
ES File Explorer method
ES file explorer is already present on android devices. Where all our multimedia, documents, and files usually stay. But other than keeping multimedia and other data, most of the users must be unaware of the fact that it has other functions as well. And transferring apps among androids is one of them.
The file manager can play videos, do editing work, and transfer data. Users can use Wi-Fi to transfer apps, and files and create a backup. Converting apps to APK files will be a tiresome process. What you can do is, choose ES sender for app transfer.
Steps to transfer the apps from android to android using ES File Explorer:
- Make File manager installed in both androids, if not then install it on both android devices
- Once you launch the app, go to the shortcuts and open the ES sender
- Once you open the ES sender, it has options to share music, documents, videos, and apps.
- Hit Send button on the previous android and receive button on the newer android > Now choose the apps you wish to send to the newer device
- Once you hit the Send button, apps will transfer to the new app
- Once the transfer is complete, the user can find shared data in the folder named ESShare
Read More: How to Use Android Apps and Games without Downloading and Installing them?
This one is a basic and probably common method that you will come across. If you don’t wish to get into the hassle of installing new apps on your device. You can simply use the backup method for not just transferring apps but other data as well. Be it contacts, messages, videos, music, or even passwords.
All you need to do is transfer all required data to your drive account, log in using the same credentials on the drive account of another android and it’s there, everything you wanted. Follow further steps to know how to transfer apps from android to android using the Backup and restore process:
- Pick your older android device > go to settings
- Tap on System > Choose Google > further choose Back-up
- Turn on the Back-up option
- Also, tap on ‘Backup by Google One’ > it will create a back-up on cloud storage
- Add the same Google account on your new android device (make you are connected to WiFi)
- Tap on the option ‘Copy your data’ > hit ‘Next’ to proceed
- Make sure both devices are connected to the same WiFi
- A New android device will ask you to choose the Google account to restore the back-up
- Choose the same Google account as on your previous android
- Once done, it will ask you to mark the data you wish to restore, and you can choose the apps you wish to restore. That’s all it takes.
Now you know different methods for how to transfer apps from android to android using. Some methods may be a bit critical for you to understand while others may have device limitations. So, it’s unto you which one you choose accordingly. Also, these methods can be used for more than transferring apps among androids so that’s also an added advantage.
Read More: How to Delete Unwanted WhatsApp Media from Your Android Phone?