Even months after the global pandemic outbreak, we still don’t know a lot about the COVID virus. The contagious virus has broken all records and has brought life to a standstill. At this point, when the world has just begun to crawl and is taking little steps to recover, the increasing number of cases is a cause of worry for all. Most of us are not letting maids come in to work and, at the same time, are not allowing our elderlies to step out because of the rapid spread of the infection.
The main hurdle in curtailing the spread of Coronavirus is identifying how spread is happening. While the researchers and scientist are collaborating at every step to understand this, it is important for each one of us to keep ourselves safe from Coronavirus. Here are some simple yet effective tips to keep your house safe from Coronavirus
Cleaning and Hygiene Tips to Keep Your House Safe From Coronavirus
First thing first, wash your hands regularly. This simple hygiene measure can help protect your family’s health and everyone else’s. When you come home from outside, do not touch anything before washing your hands for at least 20 seconds. By now we know the COVID virus is transmitted through direct contact with respiratory droplets of an infected person (through coughing and sneezing), and touching surfaces contaminated with the virus. The virus has the ability to survive on surfaces for a few hours up to several days. Thus, washing hands will reduce the chances of passing the virus to other family members.
We still don’t know yet! Is COVID-19 Vaccine Safe?
Keep your home clean by following these COVID precautionary tips
Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces in your home on an everyday basis. Use reusable cloths and ensure they are disinfected or washed at 60C on a regular basis. If possible, use disposable cloths or paper towels as much as possible and thoroughly disinfect common high-touch surfaces, including door knobs, handrails, kitchen and bathroom surfaces, light switches, tables, chairs, mobile phones, computers, tablets, keyboards, game controllers and your kids’ toys as well.
Bathroom Cleaning in Coronavirus
- Use separate buckets for detergent and rinsing. Also, clean your mops and buckets after every use with high-grade disinfectants and leave it in an open space to dry out.
- Keep your bathroom and toilets clean. Use a good toilet cleaner to clean your toilet on a regular basis. Do not forget to disinfect toilet seat, handle and rim. Also, clean baths, shower curtains and sinks frequently.
Proper Kitchen Cleaning in Coronavirus
- Food-preparation surfaces should be cleaned before and after use.
- Use separate chopping boards for uncooked food – such as raw meat – and food that doesn’t need cooking, including fruits, salad leaves, etc.
- Do not forget to wash your hands thoroughly after handling raw meat.
How to Wash LaundryDuring COVID – 19
- Always wash your hands after handling dirty laundry
- Opt for bleach based detergent or laundry liquid especially for underwear, towels and household linen in order to prevent germs from spreading.
- Never ever leave laundry in the washing machine for long as it becomes a breeding ground for germs to multiply.
Invest in these! 5 Must Haves if You Want to Feel Equipped to Fight COVID-19
How To Dispose Waste in COVID 19
- During COVID -19, it is best to opt for foot-operated bins as they are more hygienic and reduce the risk of germs getting onto your hands.
- It is extremely important to wash hands after handling waste material as it is a powerhouse of unwanted bacteria and viruses.
- Be careful while throwing garbage to avoid attracting vermin and insects.
We hope this article will help you in curtailing the risk of Coronavirus. These simple yet effective tips will enable you to lead a healthy lifestyle and will keep the virus at bay.