Sri Athi Varadaraja Swamy temple, also kown as Arulmigu Devaraja Swamy temple is one of the oldest and most reverred Hindu temples of India. Thousands of devotees come to the pious temple every year for Athi Varadar Darshan to seek his blessings. Now, you can also participate in Sahasranama Archana Seva by booking online tickets.
Thanks to increasing internet access and their new online portal, it has become much more convenient to book tickets for Kanchipuram Athi Varadar Sahasranama Archana Darshan. However, total tickets given in a day remain quite limited to just 500 people.
Additionally, total number of Darshan tickets offered during the online booking process is further limited.Notably, online tickets for Kanchipuram Athi Varadar Darshan often sell out as early as within two hours of release. Thus, others are left with no choice but to check out the availability and book tickets on the site itself on the day of their visit.
Thus, if you are indeed planning to go to the Arulmigu Devaraja Swamy temple in Kanchipuram, we highly recommend booking online tickets ASAP. However, there are different categories of tickets that you should know before booking your own.
- Rs. 500 for Athi Varadar Sahasranama Archana Darshan
- Rs. 300 for Athi Varadar Special Darshan
- Rs. 3000 for VIP Donor pass to Athi Varadar Darshan
As, the above two tickets compulsively require an AADHAR card, most NRIs or others unable to get the tickets, opt out for VIP passes. It is worth noting that VIP donor passes are also limited in number and are are given on first come, first served basis.
If you too are a travelling buff, here’s some good news. “TAJ MAHAL HAS REOPENED FOR PUBLIC WITH COVID-19 NORMS”
Step by Step Guide To AthiVaradarDarshanTickets Online
- Go to the official website of the Kanchipuram Athi Varadar temple – https://tnhrce.gov.in
- Tap on the link for Shri Athi Varadar online booking festival.
- In the subsequent web page, you will see “Click Here” link texts for the two categories of online tickets (Rs. 500/Rs. 300). Choose the one you are looking for.
- Choose the Darshan date and Darshan timings and click on the “Book” button.
- You will see details for all the available tickets for the particular Darshan date.
Fill out your details in the form –
- Location, Pin Code
- Aadhar number
- Mobile No
- Email ID
- Mentioned Captcha (for verification)
- Click on the Submit button.
- Pay the amount to complete the Kanchipuram Athi Varadar Darshan online booking process.
- You will receive a Booking ID (also referred to as the token number) on your email ID.
- Take a print out of your Athi Varadar Darshan ticket to show at the temple.
Note – Due to heavy traffic during the Athi Varadar Darshan online booking festival, you may face some buffering and trouble in the booking process as pilgrims are quite excited to worship the Lord on the rare and what they believe to be an extremely pious occasion.
Additionally, Kanchipuram Athi Varadar Darshanis completely free for children below the age of 12 years.
How to reach Arulmigu Devaraja Swamy Temple?
If you will be travelling from other states, reaching there on time is most likely your next biggest concern. Kanchipuram is located 71 kms away from the city of Chennai. Thus, if you are planning to take a flight, you’ll first need to reach Chennai as Kanchi does not have an airport.
Subsequently, it will just take 2 to 3 hours to reachKanchi from Chennai via road/railways.Once you have safely reached Kanchipuram, you can easily take a bus or an auto to reach the pious Arulmigu Devaraja Swamy Temple.
Hope you have a safe journey and are able to get the pious Kanchipuram Athi Varadar Darshan. Don’t forget to come back and share your beautiful travelogues with us too on Facebook and Instagram at @TechThirsty.