Olympians are not just Sports stars but professionals who set an example for the world to see the power of hard work, passion and dedication. Even in the times of crisis, world has often looked up to their Olympic Champions. International Olympic Day is simply a celebration of their resilience and the spirit that pervades across athletic events and games in the Olympics.
International Olympic Day is celebrated across the world every year to applaud the Olympic values and the Olympian spirit. Athletes from across nationalities participate in various sports and other activities including runs, exhibitions, seminars and musical events hosted by the Olympic Committees.
Why is the International Olympic Day in the world?
Asper the Olympic Channel, World Olympic Day is a celebration of sports, health and zeal to be an individual’s own best. International Olympic Day marks the dayInternational Olympic Committee was founded in the year 1894.
It aims to spread awareness around health and encourage sports through its many activities. The organising body, International Olympic Committeeinvites people from around the world to be active and take part in the celebrations.
History of World Olympic Day
History of International Olympic Day celebrations, one of the most important annual events for Athletes across the world actually dates back to the year 1948.
Delegates from over ten countries had gathered at the Sorbonne in Paris on June 23, 1894 to support Pierre de Coubertin’s proposal to revive Olympics. The day marks the birth of Modern Olympic Games.
When was the first International Olympic Day Celebrated?
International Olympic Day was firstcelebrated on June 23, 1948 to commemorate the birth of the modern Olympic Games. The main objective behind the idea of an Olympic Day was to encourage more and more people to take part in sports irrespective of their athletic abilities, gender and age.
Don’t let your Flat Feet come in the way of your Athletic Dreams! Check Out: BEST RUNNING SHOES FOR WOMEN WITH FLAT FEET 2020
The first ever International Olympic Day in 1948 was celebrated by 9 National Olympic Committees in their respective countries. It included NOCs of Greece,Uruguay,Great Britain,Austria,Canada,Portugal,Belgium, Switzerland and Venezuela.
When is the International Olympic Day celebrated every year?
International Olympic Day is celebrated around the world on June 23 every year. In more contemporary times, Olympic Day has moved way beyond than just being a sports event. National Olympic Committees around the world organise sports events as well as cultural and educational activities to spread the theme of “Move, learn and discover.”
Top 15 Quotes and Wishes for the International Olympic Day
In the recent years, people from varied walks of life have come together on June 23 each year to celebrate International Olympic Days. Notably, many schools have also joined in the initiatives and mark International Olympic Day as one of the school events.
International Olympic Days is a celebration of the Olympian spirit. But, you don’t need to be an Olympian or a professional athlete to join in the celebrations and spread the message. Here’s the ultimate collection of Olympic quotes to remember and share on the occasion and you’re your buddies or team on International Olympic Day.
- “Never buy gold, simply earn it.”- Mary Kom
- “All I’ve done is run fast. I don’t see why people should make much fuss about that.” – Fanny Blankers-Koen
- “I work hard and I do Good. And I’m going to enjoy myself. I’m not going to let you restrict me.” —Usain Bolt
- “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.” —Muhammad Ali
- “The world never puts a price on you higher than the one you put on yourself.”– Sonja Henie
- “Are you going to stand or are you going to crumble? In the face of everything, stand still.” – Gabby Douglas
- “One shouldn’t be afraid to lose; this is sport. One day you win; another day you lose. Of course, everyone wants to be the best. This is normal. This is what sport is about. This is why I love it.”-Oksana Baiul
- “The most important thing in the Olympic Games is not winning but taking part; the essential thing in life is not conquering but fighting well.”– Pierre de Coubertin
- “My only focus was the Olympics because in my sport, that is the ultimate. Everything is geared toward that, and my entire life was geared around getting there and winning gold.”– CammiGranato
- “I am building a fire, and every day I train, I add more fuel. At just the right moment, I light the match.”– Mia Hamm
Can’t find a good enough quote for your Instagram post? Check Out OurTOP QUOTES FOR INSTAGRAM
- “Focus, discipline, hard work, goal setting and, of course, the thrill of finally achieving your goals. These are all lessons of life.”– Kristi Yamaguchi
- “Winning doesn’t always mean being first. Winning means you’re doing better than you’ve ever done before.”– Bonnie Blair
- “Without passion, you won’t do something 100 percent. That’s the bottom line.” – ApoloOhno
- “It’s not about winning at the Olympic Games. It’s about trying to win. The motto is faster, higher, stronger, not fastest, highest, strongest. Sometimes it’s the trying that matters.”– Bronte Barratt
- “There is a popular fallacy that falling down is the mark of a poor skater. But the truth is that when one stops falling, he has probably stopped improving.”– Dick Button
Which is your favourite Olympic Game quote? Share in the comments below.