HTC ONE M8 users will finally be able to boot the Android 5.1 Lollipop firmware on their device in August this year. However, for those who are in a hurry to get the latest upgrade on their HTC One, Cyanogen’s CM12.1 series custom ROM is now available with all features of the Android 5.1 Lollipop for the HTC ware.
- Begin with downloading CyanogenMod Android 5.1 Lollipop CM12.1 custom ROM with Google Apps on the PC.
- Next, plug in your HTC One M8 via USB to your PC.
Transfer the Android 5.1 custom ROM zip file with the downloaded Google Apps on your phone chip only.
- Continue by putting the boot.img file on android-sdk-windows platform-tools directory before switching the device off and disconnecting the PC as well.
- Move over to performing regular Bootloader mode sortie.
- Once done, click on android-sdk-windows platform-tools on PC to flick open Command prompt. Enter the command ‘fastboot flash boot boot.img.’
- Next type in ‘fastboot reboot’ and adhere to displayed instructions. Choose BOOTLOADER and make an entry into Recovery Mode.
- Wipe off all phone memory using factory reset.
- Choose ‘wipe cache partition’ next before opting for ClockworkMod recovery > ‘advanced’> ‘wipe dalvik cache.’
- After coming back to main screen, tap ‘install zip from SD card.’
- Select ‘choose zip from sdcard’ to access Android 5.1 ROM .zip file and enter the process for installation. Perform all the sane steps for Google Apps.
Finally select ‘+++++Go Back+++++’ and re-start using ‘reboot system now.’
Wrap up by selecting settings > select about phone and confirm installation of CyanogenMod Android 5.1 Lollipop CM12.1 custom ROM on your HTC One M8.