Wondering how to use uTorrent? Want to know how you can use uTorrent on your own. Here is a brief guide to help you use uTorrent without any difficulties.
The first step to know how to use uTorrent is to first start with the basics. uTorrent is available in three versions; Pro, Web, and Classic, of the software (with the same team behind them, BitTorrent). Also, we’d like to clarify that uTorrent itself is perfectly legal and above board. It is merely software that allows you to download torrent files.
Downloading and Installing uTorrent
- Visit the uTorrent site and click on the Free Download option.
- You will also see paid tiers which include ad-free and Pro versions, the latter of which includes several additional features like being able to stream content as soon as you begin downloading, along with automatic conversion into other formats. You can select the one you’d like to have.
- When the utorrent.exe file has downloaded, it is time to double-click on it and follow the instructions in the wizard to finish the installation process.
- An option to download the WebDiscover browser pops up at some point, but if you are not sure whether you want it or not, then simply click on the ‘Decline’ button.
- When the installation is completed, click on ‘Finish’ and uTorrent will launch.
If you are sceptical about your ISP screening everything that is being downloaded, or of you want to increase the security when using uTorrent, then it is advised to employ a VPN to fully encrypt your connection.
uTorrent suggests using BitTorrent Now to search for relevant content, and even displays a link for it in the centre window, but you can use any one you like, including the Pirate Bay and Extra Torrent.
Download Movies Using uTorrent
You can use uTorrent to download movies. Before you start using uTorrent to download movies, you need to install it on your computer. Follow these simple steps to download your favourite movie.
- Launch uTorrent.
- Look for the torrent file of movie you like.
- You can browse through the trusted torrent sites to look for the movie torrent file you want.
- After you have decided on the torrent file you want, you can start the download.
- When you click on the download button or download link, you will see a dialogue box which will ask you to open uTorrent. Just click Open uTorrent, and the download will automatically start.
- After the download is complete, it is advised to switch to the Completed window. You can double-click on the downloaded file to watch the movie. You can also right-click on the downloaded file and select ‘Open Containing Folder’ to locate the downloaded movie.
Download Games on uTorrent
- Open uTorrent on your computer.
- Find a game that you would like to download.
- Once you have selected, use the Web browser to open the game.
- You can search for something specific using the search bar, or go to ‘Games’ to browse the selection manually.
- Once you have something interesting, click on the torrent’s name to see its overview.
- Once you’re ready to download this torrent, select ‘Get This Torrent’.
Stay tuned to this space for more such handy tips. Sign in for our newsletter to get daily news delivered to your mailbox.