Instagram reels are a cool way to to create and discover short, entertaining videos on the most loved social media platform. Instagram Reels offers you a set of creative tools to create fun, engaging short videos on Instagram. Just like TikTok, Reels in Instagram allows users to create 15-seconds video with audio.
With Instagram Reels, users can record and edit 15 to 30 second multi-clip Reels videos with audio, special effects, text, and stickers, then share them with all the followers. According to Instagram, “reels in Explore offer anyone the chance to become a creator on Instagram and reach new audiences on a global stage.”The Reels option can be easily located the Instagram camera –right next to Boomerang, rewind video, slow-motion, and more.
As far as sharing of the Reels go, then you can upload the short videos on to your feed your feed, and, in case you have a public account, then your Reels will be made available to the wider Instagram community.
Yeah, you read that right! Instagram Won’t Charge You For Your Caption Links
Instagram Reels vs TikTok
Well, inessence both Instagram Reels and TikTok are the same. Both short-video platforms provide users with a creative space to create and share short videos with their followers. But, they have their differences too.
|You can only make short videos – 15 to 30 seconds||Video limit is 1 minute|
|A new Instagram feature||It’s a platform|
|Instagram videos last only up to 24 hours||TikTok videos never disappear|
How to Make Instagram Reels?
If you are already using Instagram stories, then it will not be difficult for you to learn how to create Instagram Reels.
Here are 3 simple steps for everyone asking how to create Instagram Reels:
- To create your first Instagram Reels, start by opening the Instagram Stories camera and selecting the Reels option. Moving on, select your music, preferred speed, and the add-on filters. Before you start shooting your video, you can browse through a list of songs in the Instagram music library and select the most suitable one for your video. You can also select which part of a song you want to feature.
- The second step after the music has been selected to to set your timer and countdown. The timer feature allows users to record clips hands-free. As soon as you press record, you will see a 3-2-1 countdown. Also, just like in Instagram Stories, when you are creating Instagram Reel, you can choose from the different effects in Instagram’s effects gallery, and record multiple clips with different effects.
- The last step is to decide whether you’d like to speed up or slow down part of the video or audio you selected. This Instagram Reel feature allows you to stay on a beat and even make slow-motion videos.
How to Use Reels in Instagram?
It is pretty simple to use reels in Instagram. The Reels feature can be found in the Instagram camera section. To begin with, you need to select “Reels” at the bottom of the Instagram camera. Once you click on it, you will be presented with a variety of creative editing tools on the left side of your screen to help create your reel. You can also fancy up your Instagram reels by using these cool features of Instagram reels:
- Search for a song from the Instagram music library. You can also use your own original audio by simply recording a reel with it.
- You can choose from the different AR Effects created both by Instagram and creators all over the world and use them to record multiple clips with different effects.
- Instagram allows you to line up objects from your previous clip before recording your next to help create seamless transitions for moments like outfit changes or adding new friends into your reel.
Instagram Reels can either be recorded in a series of clips;all at once, or you can also create Instagram reels by using video uploads from your gallery. For this, you will first have to record the clip by pressing the capture button. Once you are holding the capture button, you’ll see a progress indicator at the top of the screen as you record. Stop recording to end each clip.
Happy Reading: An Awkward Girl’s Day on Instagram
How To Share Instagram Reels?
Once you have created a short-video and are happy with the output, simple click on the Next button to gain access of the Share page. Then, tap Cover to edit the cover photo, you can also insert a caption if you want to, and you can publish it. If you don’t want to share Instagram Reels instantly then you can also share it in the draft and upload as per your convenience.
Tried it yet? YouTube Shorts is the Latest TikTok Competitor
We hope this piece on what is Instagram Reels and how to use Instagram Reels will help you create interesting short videos for your followers, brands, and target audience. Do write to us if you need any other help on how to use reels in Instagram. We’ll love to help you out.