Google has finally rolled the Android 4.4 update for HTC One and Samsung Galaxy S4. For those who are not worried about the fragmentation issue (as faced by many users) of the new OS, here is how you can upgrade to KitKat Android 4.4 :
- Based on the latest Official Build 4.4 kitkat
- No ad, no malware, no spyware, bloatware
- build.prop tweaked
- Update script
- Tweaked for Best Performance
- All Google apps are removed. Download from Google Play
- Dalvik + bionic library optimization
- 3G and 4G are working. Tested with I9505XXUEMKE_Modem
- Auto zipalign
- SQLite script
- Sign & Zipalign, smali/baksmali version: 2.0, with api_level 19 (deodexed version v.1)
What are the requirements to update your Samsung Galaxy S4 device:
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S4 i9505 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Do the install-recovery tool “ClockworkMod or TWRP”
- Battery of your Samsung Galaxy S4 should have more than 20% charge.
Upgrade to KitKat 4
- Attach your device to the compute and copy GPe file
- Now take off your device from the laptop and switch it off
- Now boot your device in recovery mode, by pressing and holding the volume up, home, and power buttons
- Do the backup of your device
- Now wipe away the data from your phone by going to the recovery menu: go to wipe data/factory reset and confirm the operation. Go to wipe cache partition to clear the cache. Finally, go to Advance > Wipe dalvik cache.
- Select install zip from SD card and then choose zip from Sdcard. Locate the GPe Android 4.4 KitKat custom firmware for Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 and confirm its installation.
- Now reboot your device.