Most of our free time is spent browsing through different social media websites or on WhatsApp communicating with friends and family. Too much screen exposes us to blue light, which has a negative impact on our normal sleep/wake cycle. It also results in strained & dry eyes, blurred vision, and headaches. Lately, there has been a lot of discussions around dark mode, a simple toggle that allows users to change the background colour of an app window to black.
Dark mode has already been launched on many popular apps. In this article, we will discuss the benefits of dark mode and also how to turn on dark mode on Instagram and WhatsApp.
Benefits of Dark Mode
- Dark mode “makes it easier to stay focused on your work. It provides the comfort of use at night or in dark environments.
- It not only reduces eye strain but also improves visibility for users with low vision and those who are sensitive to bright light.
- Apps with dark mode apps do not eat up the battery life of smartphones with OLED or AMOLED displays. Google has confirmed that using dark mode on OLED screens has been a huge help for battery life.
- The majority of colours look better in dark mode, especially brighter colours.
How to Turn Dark Mode on Instagram
You can enable dark mode on both Ios as well as Android phone. Here’s how to turn on dark mode on Instagram on Android
- Install the latest version of Instagram on your smartphone
- Go into Settings > Display and tap Advanced
- Select Dark from the Device theme menu
- Launch Instagram and dark mode will be enabled automatically
How to Turn Dark Mode on Instagram on iOS
- Ensure you have the latest version of iOS 13 and
- Download the latest Instagram update
- Go to Settings > Display & Brightness
- Turn Dark Mode on
You can set it to switch on and off automatically to match current daylight hours, or to your own custom schedule.
How to Turn Dark Mode on WhatsApp
With dark mode on WhatsApp, you can change the colour theme of WhatsApp from white to black. Follow these simple steps to turn on dark mode on WhatsApp.
- Open WhatsApp, then tap More options > Settings > Chats > Theme
- Select from the following options:
- Dark: Turn dark mode on
- Light: Turn dark mode off
- System default: Enable WhatsApp dark mode to match your device settings. Go to device Settings > Display > turn Dark theme on or off.
You Might Also Like: Desktop Publishing for Instagram – Hacks and Tricks
Dark mode looks super amazing. It also provides great opportunities for presenting graphic content such as graphs, dashboards, pictures, and photos.
Stay tuned to this space for more such handy tips and tricks. Sign in for our newsletter to get daily updates delivered to your mailbox.’