By now, we all know Facebook tracks us – that is why it can resurface our birthday photos from three years ago, share memories – but we often forget the scope and the depth of the tracking of this social media giant across the internet. It seems the social media channel knows us, our likes/dislikes. Preferences way too much. The truth is Facebook’s tentacles stretch out across other websites and services, into the different apps we use on a daily basis, the places we visit, etc. If you are wondering how to stop Facebook tracking, then we have the solution for you.
How to Stop Facebook from Tracking Me
Regardless of how Facebook itself uses our personal information, it has surely been careless in the ways that information has been shared with third parties for various reasons, including marketing, etc. Facebook has even come in the wrong shadow for sharing account holders’ information with partners and other businesses for personal revenue generation.
You Might Also Like: Protect Yourself From Facebook Phone Number Leak
To add fuel to the fire, Facebook owns WhatsApp and Instagram too, and is now capable of pooling more information from these widely used app. In case you want to stop Facebook tracking, the best thing is to quit these apps. In case you don’t want to take this drastic step, you can stop Facebook from tracking by following these simple steps:
- Open the Facebook app on your smartphone and tap on the hamburger icon, which is located on the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll and tap on ‘Settings & Privacy.’
- In settings > scroll > tap on off-Facebook Activity
- Here, you will be able to seethe apps or sites you have visited and are sharing user data with Facebook. You can tap on each app to get extra information on what data is being shared, and what Facebook is doing with all of it. The app also lets you download all your activity details. To do so, tap on the three-dotted button located in the ‘Off-Facebook Activity option.’ Now, tap on ‘Download your Information’ of your off-Facebook activities.
- Next step is to Tap on Clear History. This will ensure that you delete all the data that Facebook has collected. Once the history is cleared, you will see all the apps disappearing from the top of the screen.
- To disable the option, you need to tap on ‘More options’ and then ‘Manage Future Activity.’
- Tap again on Manage Future Activity and tap on Future Off-Facebook Activity.
Check Out: Can I Know Who Viewed My Facebook Profile?
Once you turn off the ‘Off-Facebook activity’ option, you will not receive any personalised advertisements based on your daily searches.