Stuck with some random TV channels or renewing your TataSky recharge, either ways it is time to refresh your TataSky pack before you go ahead with your payment. TRAI’s current guidelinesallow you to limit DTH charges to your select channels only. Thus, rather than going ahead with any of the set channel packs, you can customize your own pack with your own favorite channels and save yourself some extra bucks. If you aren’t sure how to do the same, you have arrived at the right place. In this article, we draw a simplified guide to make the best use of TRAI rules and easily select individual channels in TataSky.
Steps to select Paid Individual Channels in TataSky via its Mobile App –
- Visit www.tatasky.com/wps/portal or install and open the TataSky app in your mobile phone.
- Enter your Subscription ID/ registered mobile number.
- Submit the One Time Password (OTP) received on your registered mobile phone.
- Tap on the banner to choose your channels.
- You will now spot two options to either select channels or recharge your DTH account.
- Tap/Click on the Select Channel option.
- In the subsequent tab, you can view your current pack. You can also check out charges for your favourite channels and also compare it with other inclusive broadcaster packs and Tata Sky.
- Click on the Plus button on the leftand tick boxes for all the channels you want to select.
- Once you have selected all your channels, click on the “Select & Proceed” option.
- Review all your select packs, channels and corresponding pricing in the summary tab, and click “Confirm”.
You will soon receive a message from the company confirming your updated channel list as well as announcing that you will now be charged accordingly. So, you may also want to update your TataSky balance.
Note: Current TRAI rules that dictate the subscription plans for various DTH services allows subscribers to choose 100 or more channels of their choice. Base subscription plan in TataSky begins at Rs 153 (Rs 130 + 18% GST) with at least a hundred or more free to air channels. Charges for all the other paid channels that you select are added to this base amount.
Moreover, you also pay Rs 20 as NCF for every 20 channels above the original base pack of 100 channels. Additionally, if you choose any of the HD channels, for calculating NCF; every end channel is taken equal to two SD channels. Thus, you would be paying Rs 20 as NCF for a set of 10 HD channels. Furthermore, paid individual channels cost between Re 0.89 to Rs 22 (or more) each. Do make sure to check out broadcaster packs and curated packs too for any better deals.