Apple is a master of technology, and with its latest collection of Apple watches, it has become a favourite amongst the tech-savy iPhone owners. Designed to work well with iPhones, the wearable already has several fans across the globe and offers boundless opportunities to the proud owners. From incoming notifications, alerts, and messages, the smartwatch funnels them down into a screen. Also, the Apple watch is loaded with several interesting apps to augment the overall experience.
If you have recently bought an Apple watch and are wondering how to pair Apple watch with iPhone, then this article is for you. Follow the steps to pair your smartwatch with your iPhone and enjoy the smart experience.
Before you begin to pair Apple Watch with iPhone, it is important to make sure that you’re Apple watch is compatible with your iPhone model. This is to be done before buying the watch. Then make sure that your iPhone iOS is up to date. You can check what iOS you are running by going to Settings > General > About and scrolling down to see what “Version” you have. Now, make sure your Bluetooth is on, and that your handset is connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular network. Also install the Apple Watch app on your iPhone before starting to pair Apple Watch with iPhone.
You Might Also Like: Download Best Apps for iPhones 2021
Steps to Pair Apple Watch with iPhone
- Turn your Apple Watch on. . To do this, press and hold the button on the right side of your Apple Watch until a white Apple logo is seen on a black background.
- Once, the watch starts, select your language and region.
- Keep your watch close to your iPhone. Wait for “Use your iPhone to set up this Apple Watch” to appear on your iPhone. Tap the “Continue” button on your iPhone and click “Start Pairing” on the Watch. In case you don’t get this message, then open the Apple Watch app and click “Start Pairing.”
- At this stage, an animation will appear on your Apple Watch. Point your camera over the Watch and centre the Watch-shaped window over the Watch screen. Once done, you will get an alert stating that the Watch is paired. At this point, you can be asked to update the Watch OS.
- In case not, you will see a display a screen asking whether you would like to restore your Apple Watch from a backup, or “Set Up as New Apple Watch.” (If this is your first time using an Apple Watch you should tap “Set Up as New Apple Watch.” However, if you have a previous backup, you can choose to load it onto your Apple Watch.
- Don’t forget to select the wrist on which you will wear the watch – left or right. In case you choose right, then you will also have to choose which side you would like the Digital Crown (the wheel used to control the Watch) to be on.
- Read the Terms and Conditions carefully, and then click on “Agree” to continue.
- Sign into your iCloud Account. It may automatically log you in. Otherwise, enter your iCloud information on your phone.
You Might Also Like: How To Install Apple Music On Your iPhone And iWatch
- At this point you will be able to choose which settings to turn on, and which settings your iPhone will share with your Apple Watch, including route tracking, sharing watch analytics with Apple, Siri, and Find My iPhone. However, if you don’t have Find My iPhone set up on your iPhone, then it is necessary to turn on Activation Lock. This will lock your watch to your iCloud Account to make sure nobody else can use or reset it.
- At this stage you will be asked to create a passcode. It is best to choose from a 4-digit or 8-digit passcode. Inset your passcode twice on your Apple Watch. You can even skip this step, but if you want to use Apple Pay on your Apple Watch, then passcode set up is mandatory.
- If you have a Cellular Plan, you will set this up next.
- Select the apps you’d to add to your Watch. You can choose to add all Apple Watch compatible apps that you have currently on your iPhone, or you can skip this step and manually select apps from the Apple Watch App after you’ve completed setup.
- Wait for your Apple Watch to sync. Remember to keep the devices close together. Once the sync is complete, you’ll hear a ring.
- Enjoy your Apple Watch!
Pair Apple Watch with New iPhone
To pair your Apple Watch with a new iPhone, you’ll need:
- Your Apple ID and password
- Your Apple Watch passcode
Before you start pairing Apple Watch with your new iPhone, make sure both your old and new iPhones are connected to Wi-Fi. Also ensure that your watch as well as iPhone are at least 50 percent charged.
How to Unpair Apple Watch
To unpair Apple watch with iPhone, it is important to keep both the devices together. Now, follow these simple steps on how to unpair apple watch.
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Go to the My Watch tab and tap All Watches.
- Tap the info button next to the watch that you want to unpair.
- Tap Unpair Apple Watch.
Also Read: Is iPhone 13 Ready To Make Grand Entry?
Stay tuned to this space for more such handy tips and tricks. Write to us if you are still unable to pair Apple watch with iPhone. Our expert team will suggest an alternative method. You can also sign in for our newsletter to get daily updates delivered to your mailbox.