Apple’s wireless AirPods have become the new accessory. These earpods only work on Apple iPhones and function with the help of Bluetooth. This doesn’t mean that you cannot connect it with your PC. If you are wondering ‘how to pair Apple Airpods with Windows 10?’, then we have the answer for you. Follow these basic steps to connect Apple AirPods with Windows
Steps to pair Apple AirPods with Windows
Before you begin to connect Apple AirPods with Windows 10, it is necessary to make sure that the earphones have full battery or are at least 40 percent charged. Also, ensure the lid is shut, and do not forget to check if your PC is capable of running on a Bluetooth device. Once sure, follow these steps in the exact order to connect Apple AirPods with windows 10.
- Open the Settings app in Windows 10. This can be done by typing Settings in the Windows 10 search bar and selecting the app once it appears. At this stage, you will see a ‘Cog’ like icon. Otherwise, you can press the Windows key + I at the same time.
- In the Settings menu, choose Devices.
- Now, Bluetooth & other devices page will pop up. Here ensure that Bluetooth is turned on by checking the toggle near the top of the page. In case not, do switch it ON.
- Select Add Bluetooth or another device.
- The Add a device menu will pop up, asking you which kind of device you would like to pair with. Here, select Bluetooth.
- Get your AirPods or AirPods Pro and open the lid.
- Hold down the circular button on the back of your AirPods for around three to eight seconds. Now, the charging light on your AirPods will start pulsing white. At this stage, lift your finger and look back up at the Add a device menu.
- Do not lose patience as this might take a couple of seconds. When the AirPods appear (they’ll likely appear as “Headphones” at first and then Windows 10 will load them as “AirPods Pro”). Select them.
- You will get a notification, “Your device is ready to go!”
Hold the button on the back of your AirPods or AirPods Pro to put them into pairing mode. Your AirPods should immediately become your default listening device. When you put them back into your case, Windows 10 will automatically return to the last audio device used by you.
You Might Also Like: How To Make Your Phone Not Reachable With These Simple Tips
To unpair your AirPods from your Windows 10 PC
- Open the Settings app.
- Click on Devices.
- Scroll down to the Audio section and select your AirPods.
- Press Remove device, and you are done
Stay tuned to this space for more such simple tips. Sign in for our newsletter to get daily updates delivered to your mailbox.