Windows 10 will block some apps it thinks are dangerous to ensure the safety of your PC. The Defender SmartScreen feature of Windows 10 works as a as a sort of guard dog and automatically blocks users from opening some apps, which come from an unknown place or are created by an unknown publisher. Some of these apps can cause damage to your system and even steal credible information without your knowledge. If you want to use an app, but are constantly shown ‘This App Blocked For Your Protection’ Error, then there is a way around it. Read on to know how to remove this app has been blocked for your protection
Simple steps to remove this app has been blocked for your protection
If you think an app is safe, and would like to use it, you can simply give Windows 10 the permission to open it. You can do so by:
- Navigating to the file or program that is currentlyblocked by SmartScreen
- Now, Right-click the file
- Click Properties
- Click the checkbox next to Unblock so that a checkmark appears
- Click Apply
Disable Windows Defender SmartScreen
You can also fix the ‘This App Blocked For Your Protection’ Error by disabling the Defender SmartScreen. To do so,
- Launch Windows Defender Security Center from your Start menu, desktop, or taskbar
- Click the App and browser control button on the left side of the window
- Click Off in the Check apps and files section
- Click Off in the SmartScreen for Microsoft Edge section
- Click Off in the SmartScreen for Windows Store apps section
At this stage, SmartScreen is disabled. However, if you would still want receive a warning when a potentially malicious file or program is detected, you can opt for Warn in each SmartScreen section.
You Might Also Like: How to Pair Apple AirPods with Windows 10
You can also circumvent ‘This app has been blocked’ by disabling User Account Control in Registry Editor. In this scenario, you will have to first disable the User Account Control on your computer. To do so,
- Open Registry Editor, click on File>Export to create the backup and save it
- Press the Windows key to access the search box. Copy-paste this line there
- Click on the Registry Editor
- Double clickon ‘EnableLUA’ to modify it
- Simply, set the ‘Value Data’ to‘0’.
- 6. Then, click on “OK” to save the changes
- Finally, close Registry Editor window
- Once theRegistry Editor window closes, Security and Maintenance window will be opened.
- Click on ‘Restart Now’ to restart your computer to completely disable User Account Control.
And Voila! The error will be fixed.
We hope the aforementioned simple tips will help you solve the ‘This App Blocked For Your Protection’ Error In Windows 10. Write to us for any other assistance. You can also sign in for our newsletter to get daily updates delivered to your mailbox.