How can you view someone’s WhatsApp Status without being seen? Just like with Insta stories, users of Whatsapp can see who has viewed their WhatsApp status. However, if you tend to stalk like we do. Hey, curiosity hits everyone. There are times you don’t want to be judged. You want to see a Whatsapp status secretly.
So, if you are looking for ways to sneak into one of your contacts’ WhatsApp statuses, you have come to the right place. Let me tell you, it is actually much simpler than your thought.
Ways to secretly see a WhatsApp Status without letting them know:
- Turn Off Read Receipts
- Time to go Incognito
- View and Download with the File Manager
Steps to turn off read receipts to secretly view WhatsApp Status
One of the easiest ways to anonymously view a WhatsApp Status without letting the other person know is by turning off your “Read Receipts.”
- Open WhatsApp.
- Go to the Settings by taping on the three dots in the top right corner.
- Go to Privacy in the Account menu.
- Turn off the “Read Receipts” feature.
- You can now know view their status without worrying about them knowing.
However, remember to keep the feature turned off for the next 24 hours or until the status is already expired. If you think you can secretly view the status and turn it back on, you can’t be more wrong. If you turn on the read receipts before the status is deleted or expires, they will see your name in the status views.
Besides this little nitty-gritty, if you go the official way there is a big disadvantage. You also can’t know the views on your own status. Another disadvantage is that it disables the blue ticks feature — formerly called the read receipt indicators in the app’s chat rooms.
Step to secretly view WhatsApp Status in the Incognito Mode
- Open the web version of WhatsApp on a PC/ a laptop in the incognito mode
- You can use your WhatsApp QR code to login to your account
- Go to the status page in the WhatsApp Web
- Turn off your internet connection
- View the WhatsApp status you wanted to see anonymously
- Close the incognito window before reconnecting to the Internet. Your data would be automatically deleted.
- Furthermore, you can also clear your browsing history for further assurance.
However, don’t try it on your smartphone even if you are offline. Even when you have turned off your mobile data, WhatsApp saves your activity data locally and updates whenever the internet connection resumes in your smartphone.
Hey, it’s smarter than we are!
Steps to view & download WhatsApp status via File Manager
While the above two methods are great to simply view the WhatsApp status, this one allows you to not only see the status secretly but also allows you to download its content including photos and videos without officially seeing the status. The messaging app at times may download videos and images posted on the WhatsApp Status by any of your contacts in your phone even before you have viewed them. You can also follow the given steps to access these files:
- Open WhatsApp.
- Go to the Status tab. (It allows WhatsApp to start downloading some the statuses’ content ahead of your viewing.)
- Install a file management application such as the File Manager or ES File Explorer.
- Tap on the Menu placed at the top left corner of the screen.
- Select the ‘Show Hidden Files’ option.
- Open the WhatsApp folder in the Internal Storage.
- Open the Media folder and copy all the files from .Statuses folder.
- You can now paste and save these files to another location.
In one of its biggest perks, using the file manager you can choose to simply view the WhatsApp Statuses and also to download and save them for longer.