Let’s first begin by learning how to view a WhatsApp Status without them seeing. Whenever you view a WhatsApp status, it’s just natural that the app allows them to see it in their status views. But, once in a while, curiosity does hit us in situations we would ideally want to throw up the ‘I don’t care’ attitude. No judgements!!! We won’t ask you any names or reasons. But, if you are looking for ways to sneak secretly into one of your contacts’ WhatsApp statuses, you have come to the right place. You would be surprised but it is actually much simpler than your thought.
Ways to secretly see a WhatsApp Status without letting them know –
- Turn Off Read Receipts
- Time to go Incognito
- View and Download with the File Manager
Steps to turn off read receipts to secretly view WhatsApp Status
One of the easiest ways to anonymously view a WhatsApp Status without letting the other person know is by turning off your “Read Receipts.”
- Open WhatsApp.
- Go to the Settings by taping on the three dots in the top right corner.
- Go to Privacy in the Account menu.
- Turn off the “Read Receipts” feature.
- You can now know view their status without worrying about them knowing.
But, remember to keep the feature turned off for the next 24 hours or at least until the status is already expired. If you are thinking you can secretly view the status and turn it back on, you can’t be more wrong. If you turn on the read receipts before the status is deleted or expires, they will see your name in the status views.
Furthermore, besides the little nitty-gritty, this also disallows you from knowing views on your own status. Additionally, the disadvantages of the only official way of secretly watching WhatsApp status don’t end there. It would also disable the blue ticks feature or formerly called the read receipt indicators intheapp’s chat rooms.
Step to secretly view WhatsApp Status in the Incognito Mode
- Firstly, open the web version of WhatsApp on a PC/ a laptop in the incognito mode.
- You can use your WhatsApp QR code to login to your account.
- Go to the status page in the WhatsApp Web.
- Turn off your internet connection.
- View the WhatsApp status you wanted to see anonymously.
- Close the incognito window before reconnecting to the Internet. Your data would be automatically deleted. Furthermore, you can also clear your browsing history for further assurance.
However, don’t try it on your smartphone by viewing in the app itself in the offline mode. Even when you have turned off your mobile data, WhatsApp saves your activity data locally and updates whenever the internet connection resumes in your smartphone.
Steps to View and Download WhatsApp Status via File Manager
While the above two methods are great to simply view the WhatsApp status, this one allows you to not only see the status secretly but also allows you to download its content including photos and videos without officially seeing the status. The messaging app at times may download videos and images posted on the WhatsApp Status by any of your contacts in your phone even before you have viewed them. You can also follow the given steps to access these files:
- Open WhatsApp.
- Go to the Status tab. (It allows WhatsApp to start downloading some the statuses’ content ahead of your viewing.)
- Install a file management application such as the File Manager or ES File Explorer.
- Tap on the Menu placed at the top left corner of the screen.
- Select the ‘Show Hidden Files’ option.
- Open the WhatsApp folder in the Internal Storage.
- Open the Media folder and copy all the files from .Statuses folder.
- You can now paste and save these files to another location.
In one of its biggest perks, using the file manager you can choose to simply view the WhatsApp Statuses and also to download and save them for longer.