Purchased the latest Echo Dot? This popular Alexa-enabled smart speaker, when connected to Wi-Fi, offers an unlimited number of advanced features and capabilities in a way you can never imagine. You can play your favourite music, control smart home gadgets, shop online, create a schedule, and do so much more with a simple command. If you haven’t downloaded the app, and are wondering how to connect Alexa with Wi-Fi without app, then this article is for you. Here is a step-by-step guide for connecting Alexa to Wi-Fi without app.
Connecting Alexa to Wi-Fi without app
Once you have purchased a new Alexa device, often people don’t always understand how to connect Alexa with Wi-Fi without app. The good news is that the process is often easy and pretty straightforward. Follow these simple steps to connect your Alexa speaker with a Wi-Fi network without using the Alexa app.
Also Read: Use Amazon Echo Devices in India Smartly
To begin with, make sure you have a fast and reliable internet connection. Alexa devices are designed to easily connect with dual bandwidth router devices are they are faster and more reliable. Here, please ensure your smartphone is also connected to the internet before beginning the setup. Now, follow these steps to connect Alexa with Wi-Fi without app:
. Go to the Settings menu on your smartphone.
. Tap on the Network or WLAN menu.
· Here you will see a list of available networks. Select your wireless network, and correctly put in your password to connect.
· Once you see the wireless network is ready to use, now connect your Alexa device to the internet without the Alexa app.
There is a possibility that even after you have followed the aforementioned steps on how to connect Alexa with Wi-Fi without app, you might face some issues which may stop the device from connecting to the designated network. In such a situation, it is best to:
· Double-check your Wi-Fi password. Remember, an incorrect Wi-Fi password will not connect your devices. To verify, try connecting another device using the same Wi-Password. If the other device doesn’t connect, then you will know it is a password issue. You can also try following troubleshooting techniques:
· Restart your router and modem. some connectivity issues may be caused by firmware or hardware problems in these two devices.
· You can also try resetting your device back to factory settings may help resolve the problem. Resetting the device to factory settings will wipe out any custom settings you may have added.
· Update your routers and modem’s firmware.
· Don’t forget to remove any barriers close to your Alexa device or router and modem as this might cause a signal blockage, thus causing connectivity problems.
If, even after checking the Alexa, router, and modem, no problems are noticed, then it is best to move the device a little bit closer to the modem.
In case you are still not able to connect Alexa with Wi-Fi without app, it is then time to call the device’s manufacturer. If you notice any issue with the modem, make sure to get in touch with the Internet Service Provider to resolve the issue at the earliest. When you contact the device manufacturer or ISP, they will work towards fixing the issue or may even replace the device.
Let us know if we were able to solve your doubt on how to connect Alexa with Wi-Fi without app. You can also sign in for our newsletter more such handy tricks and tips.