Many of us created our Gmail account during our school/college days with funky display names. While some names showed our love and respect for our favourite footballers & celebrities, others represented our state of mind, often messy in those days. Gmail account those days were a necessity to open accounts on trending social media websites like Orkut, Facebook, etc. It was only a notification collection mailbox. But, today, we all use Gmail account to communicate with our colleagues, and sometimes even prospective clients. Thus, it is important to have a professional Gmail Display Name.
An appropriate Gmail name gives your email a sense of professionalism before the recipient even opens it. If you are wondering how to change your Gmail username, then the process is quite simple. You can change Gmail name by navigating to the Settings option when accessing the account through a PC Web browser.
Also Read: How to Undo Sent Mail On Gmail
How to Change Gmail Name
Here are some simple steps for how to change Gmail username
- Click the “Settings” icon, displayed in the shape of a gear, in the upper right corner of your Gmail account, and click “Settings” from the menu.
- Now select “See All Settings” at the top of the drop-down menu.
- Tap on the “Accounts” tab.
- Click on “Edit Info,” located to the right of the email display name you want to be changed in the “Send Mail as” row.
- Enter your new display name in the “Name” field underneath your current display name.
- Click “Save Changes” to change your display name. All future emails sent from this point onward will display your new name.
If you are wondering how to change Gmail name on Gmail mobile app on Android, iPhone, or iPad, then we have some bad news for you. You can only change the name on your Gmail account on a desktop browser. Also, it is important to note that while Google allows you to change your display name; you can’t change your username, which is different than your display name, or your email address. To do so, you will have to migrate your Google account into a new one.
Also Read: Personalising Themes in a Gmail Inbox
Now, migrating a Google Account isn’t the same as merging two separate Gmail Accounts. However, Google allows users to transfer data from one account to another. Sign in with your existing Google Account, and visit this list of products to get started.
If you don’t have Gmail, you can add it to your account at any time. If you signed up for Gmail but forgot to add it to your existing account, you will then have two separate accounts.
How to Create Gmail Account:
- Make sure to sign out of all Gmail/Google accounts.
- Go to https://mail.google.com/
- Click on “Create an account”, or under “More options”, click “Create account”
- Follow the instructions.
Stay tuned to this space for more such handy tips and tricks. Write to us if you need any help. Our team will be happy to assist.